DIY Magnetic Board — Perfect for back to school or your office, make this Patterned DIY Magnetic Board for any age group because everyone needs some organization in their life!
I’ve had a lot of people ask about the polka dot board that was originally created for the Ikea Back to School DIY series that I taught in Houston.
So I’m going to answer everyone’s questions right now! This Patterned DIY Magnetic Board is actually really easy to make!
You can use the same tutorial for cork boards as well. Just post your thumbtacks right through the fabric.
Perfect for back to school or you office, you can make this Patterned DIY Magnetic Board for any age group you want depending on what fabric you choose!
Materials Needed To Make A DIY Magnetic Board
1 yard of fabric — You can buy affordably fabric at Ikea as well.
How To Make A DIY Magnetic Board
1 — Make sure you have just enough fabric laid out to cover the board with about 3 extra inches on all borders. It’s ideal to iron the fabric beforehand.
2 — Spray the back edges with glue.
Then, fold the remainder of the fabric over the back, neatly folding the corners so that no fabric hangs over the edge.
Trim any excess fabric away as well.
Now you’re all set to organize your bits and pieces into one cute place!
I even glued magnet dots to the back of paper flowers and a sewn envelope to add a little dimension to my board.
More Easy Organization DIY’s
Looking for more ways to stay organized in your life? Check out some of our favorite DIY’s from the archives below —
- DIY Desk Organizer — For keeping your pretty office things on display, a super easy and modern DIY Desk Organizer with a cork board that requires no nails, hammers or drills to make.
- Color Block Storage Lockets — Perfect for the mudroom, toy room, office or entry way.
- Patterned DIY Magnetic Board — As seen in the photos. This board also features a cork board.
- Rag Rug Storage Basket — Its name says it all! These baskets are constructed from rugs.
- Vanity Tray With Storage — To keep all your beauty items neat and clean.