The day has finally come! Well sort of. We’re officially all packed up but still in our current townhouse! I realized toward the middle of the week that it wasn’t worth our losing our sanity to try and move into a major work in progress renovation (we’re still behind on some things!) on top of a week that consisted of Urgent Care, deadlines, and a teething toddler.
Plus we’re headed to Turks & Caicos for a friends/family vacation this coming Thursday, so we would’ve been moving in just to sleep and try and find our things for two days then fly out. Hence the coming to my senses on not pushing it with moving when the sanity odds weren’t adding up in our favor.
We also booked this trip back in January when we thought “Oh, we’ll for SURE be moved in well before then,” ha! The irony! On the brightside, we’ll be ready when we get back to get things moving.
For now, we can take a little stroll down renovation memory lane of our current house…
We seriously thought the kitchen renovation wouldn’t be completed until after Gwen’s arrival last year, but it miraculously finished in time!
And then that extra bedroom became her nursery. And the house became where she said her first word and took her first step. Lots of first’s happened there. Sniff. Sniff.
We know there are many reasons as to why leaving was necessary, but the sentimental side in us is tearing up inside! New memories await us in the new house.
They’ll be lots of new design details from the new house in the upcoming weeks, but for now, happy Easter and enjoy our weekly links!
THE WEEKLY EDIT
- Disney announced their new streaming service, Disney+. It’s cheaper than Netflix and Amazon Prime!
- This garment fixture is perfect if you have a small space or even if you’re a creative who participates in markets and pop-up shops.
- We’re going to try to find some time during this move to catch Beyonce’s surprise documentary, Homecoming. Who’s already seen it?
- This cacti banner has been sitting in our shopping cart. We need an excuse to throw a party or at least, we need to find a spot for it in the new home.
- Moving into a new home? Looking for a housewarming present? We can’t wait to order this address stamp with a custom portrait of the new house!
- What were you doing when you were five? This 5-year old just published her own mystery podcast!
- Purple wedges! Yes, please!
- Wedding season is near. Here are 17 rehearsal dinner dresses for every budget. This one is our favorite.
- S’more lovers, don’t you hate when everything but your chocolate melts?! Chocolate-filled marshmallows, named Stuffed Puffs are coming to the rescue!
- We’re s’more fans ourselves so here are our s’mores inspired recipes: Toasted S’mores Rice Krispie Treats, Triple Chocolate S’mores Cookies and S’mores Barks.
- Though Notre Dame was saved, the fire was still a tragedy. We love how it was an inspiration in the art world to Picasso, Matisse and Victor Hugo.
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission using Shopstyle, Reward Style, and/or Amazon Associates.