Is it just me or does it seem like the s’more craze is popping up everywhere? When my favorite coffee shop started selling s’more lattes and s’more macarons, I knew I had to experiment with the same ingredients in my kitchen. And, as a huge marshmallow fan, I, Alex, personally can’t get enough.
The beauty of s’mores is their simplicity- just three ingredients- and the fun you have when eating one. The gooier the chocolate and stickier the marshmallows, the better.
With that in mind, I created these toasted s’mores rice krispie treats recipe with crispy graham cracker bars on the bottom, s’mores on top. It’s the perfect dessert to enjoy long after the bon-fires and beach nights of summer are over. I can’t wait to share this one with you, so read on to get the full recipe…
I prefer my marshmallows well toasted, my philosophy being the more burnt edges, the better. However, these taste just as delicious with only a slight browning of the marshmallow topping. Either way, keep a close eye on them under the broiler as they can go from light to extra-burnt in seconds.
When done, remove from the oven and let cool slightly. I know, I know, but the roof of your mouth with thank me on this one.
How good are these toasted s’mores rice krispie treats? With minimal time and 5 ingredients, you’ve got yourself the perfect sweet treats for those chilly fall nights with friends. So what do you think of the s’more craze? Are you all about it? Let us know in the comments below! xo
Toasted S'mores Rice Krispie Treats Recipes
- Baking pan
- Large saucepan
- 0.333333333333 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cup rice krispie cereal
- 4 graham cracker sheets crushed
- 5 cup mini marshmallows divided
- 0.5 cup chocolate chips
- Line a 8x8" baking pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap. This will make for easier removal of the bars to slice.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add 4 cups of marshmallows and stir until just melted. Stir in the rice cereal and crushed graham cracker crumbs.
- Once the mixture has mostly come together, add in chocolate chips and stir to just combine.
- Press mixture into the prepared pan and let cool to set, about 30 minutes.
- Place the remaining marshmallows on top and place the entire pan under the broiler to toast the 'mellows. Keep an eye on them as they can go from nothing to very toasted quickly.
- When they have browned to your liking, remove and let cool slightly. Slice and enjoy!