One Room Challenge Final Reveal — Sharing our One Room Challenge final reveal of our master bedroom and bathroom suite that we overhauled in 6-weeks while pregnant!
Shall we all take a moment of silence for surviving a 6-week complete overhaul of our master bedroom and bathroom while dealing with me being super pregnant?
Jared is currently taking several hours of silence to commemorate the occasion!
Despite some ups, downs, and my apparently very poor measuring skills, I’m super excited to share our One Room Challenge final reveal of our master suite makeover!
It looks insanely different than our original before photos from Week 1. And I don’t miss the disgusting old carpet and repurposed Ikea furniture one bit.
Before we really dive into this, please accept my apologies in advance for the overload of photos. I just wanted to make sure you got to see every nook and cranny!
Plus, we technically renovated two rooms if you count the bathroom and bedroom as separate spaces. So I couldn’t help myself.
Like I mentioned last week, we do have a quick video glimpse of the space for you also. I originally intended for it to be a fully guided walkthrough of the space in “Extreme Nesting: The Renovation Edition” fashion.
But for sanity’s sake, we made it much more condensed. I love you guys, but some things just aren’t worth pre-term labor from the extra stress, you know?
One Room Challenge Final Reveal: Our Master Bedroom Makeover
In case you’re new to following along on the ORC challenge, I put together a few before and after comparisons throughout the reveal for quick reference.
Trust me though. The whole before situation was horrendous enough to take a gander through to fully appreciate the new space.
I already know what you’re thinking — what took this girl so long to upgrade this joint?! I’m still asking myself the same question. I basically live in a procrastinator’s paradise, haha.
By far replacing the carpet with the Pergo Variable Width Autumn Hickory flooring from Lowe’s and Very Square baseboards from Metrie made the biggest difference when it came to the bedroom.
We also repainted the walls with Sherwin Williams Emerald Interior Extra White wall paint to match the rest of the rooms we’ve been renovating.
I love how warm and inviting it feels with the multicolor rug.
To mix it up a bit, I also chose this Ferm Living mint wallpaper with gold flecks to break up all of the white walls while trying not to make the space feel darker.
Picking Out Furniture Pieces For Our Master Bedroom
When it came to wall art, I had a really hard time deciding what to go with! I loved the idea of tying in my token blush pink obsession but also wanted to keep things simple and bright.
I ended up buying a canvas from the local craft store and painting it myself at the last minute. The scale of the art really balances the rest of the furniture without being too busy.
Basically every piece of furniture in the bedroom is from Overstock with the addition of the white dressers that double as side tables from Article. I love the unconventional size of using dressers for nightstands!
The height of our new platform bed is so much better than the old modern one that was really low to the ground.
Ironically, I had to do some serious convincing to make Jared willing to switch out our old fan for a modern white one from Craftmade.
But now that it’s in… basically every photo and 13981294 prettier, I clearly won that battle.
Bedroom Media Area
The navy hamper is also a new favorite of mine! Plus it holds double the amount of laundry than our old one, so it’s obviously meant for me.
My obsession with gold accents reallllly shines through in this space (in case you haven’t caught on to that theme yet).
And the Lamps Plus cinch lamps clearly take the crown when it comes to that.
I can’t tell you how excited I am to have a floor mirror that’s pretty enough to be a permanent decorative piece.
Dancing around Jared while second guessing my outfit choice in a cramped closet mirror was not ideal. It’s the little things!
Speaking of little, this real marble iPhone dock was my little luxury gift to myself to keep on my side table/dresser.
One Room Challenge Final Reveal: Our Master Bathroom Makeover
Now for moving on to the bathroom details!
The first big change we made was removing the tiny pocket door and replacing them with Metrie True Craft double doors and Emtek gold hardware to brighten the space and make it feel less sectioned off.
After some serious back and forth contemplating, we landed on white grout instead of the initial dark grout idea from the design plan.
By far my favorite piece in the bathroom (besides all of the gold and the freestanding tub!) is this marble topped Overstock bathroom vanity. It’s just perfect!
Admittedly, I’m still adjusting to using the two gold round mirrors instead of the large mirror across the back wall from before. Worth it for the overall design though!
Knocking out the dividing wall between the toilet and the enclosed shower was definitely pricey. But it makes the space so much more fluid.
Plus, it shows off the freestanding tub from The Mine, so priorities my friends!
Jared also keeps saying he thinks he’s in a hotel every time he showers with the gold shower system!
I also tell myself it has something to do with me picking out pink towels and forcing him to use them.
I could ramble on all day about the details on the room makeover, so I’m just going to stop myself there.
I’ve listed allll of the room sources below for each room for quick reference in case you’re looking for something specific!
I’m also still very serious about sending you the contact info on our new contractor for those of you in Houston that asked from previous posts. Sharing is caring after compiling a quick list of who NOT to call after reno lessons learned the hard way.
A huge thanks to One Room Challenge for having us and the awesome sponsors for letting us showcase our favorite products. Be sure to scroll down to see the list of the other blogger sharing their room reveals today as well!
Bathroom Sources Featured
- Bathroom faucets in gold from The Mine
- Cabinet pulls in gold from The Mine
- Faucet drains in gold from The Mine
- Freestanding white bathtub from The Mine
- Gold shower valve from The Mine
- Hexagon marble bathroom floor tiles from Overstock
- White subway tile from Overstock
- Gold handheld shower from Overstock
- Gold shower slide bar from Overstock
- Round gold mirrors for vanity from Overstock
- Slidebar trim in gold from Overstock
- Acrylic and gold shelf from Overstock
- Framed ocean print from Overstock
- Navy blue runner from Overstock
- marble and white vanity from Overstock
- Gold bathroom doorknob from Emtek
- True craft doors from Metrie
- Pink turkish cotton bath towels from Overstock
- Gold and white soap dispensers from CB2
- Wooden teak shower table from Overstock
- Bathroom canisters above toilet from CB2
- Sherwin Williams Emerald Interior Extra White wall paint
Bedroom Sources Featured
- White ceiling fan from Craftmade
- Dark oak platform bed from Overstock
- Navy and gold end table from Overstock
- Gold glass top console from Overstock
- Pink velvet chair from Overstock
- White 3 drawer dresser from Article
- Lucca velvet pillow set from Article
- Modern gold sideplate lock from Emtek
- Pendula gold and marble floor lamp from Article
- Solid wood mid-century console from Overstock
- White square baseboard from Metrie
- White craft door from Metrie
- Round gold door knobs from Emtek
- Ferm living wallpaper in mint and gold confetti
- Sherwin Williams Emerald Interior Extra White wall paint
- Curtain rod in light gold from Overstock
- Variable widths autumn hickory engineered wood flooring by Pergo from Lowe’s
- Distressed abstract oriental rug in multicolor
- Metallic gold hand dot pillows from Pom Pom at Home
- Bowie Woven Pillows from Pom Pom At Home
- White duvet set from Pom Pom At Home
- 6 foot faux fiddle fig tree from Overstock
- Blue and white throw blanket on bed from Overstock
- Gold curtain rod from Overstock
- Gold freestanding floor mirror from Overstock
- Marble iPhone dock on bedside table from Overstock
- Large beige jewelry box from Overstock
- White marble bookends from Overstock
- Colorful marbled wall art from Overstock
- White and gold cinch lamps from Lamps Plus
One Room Challenge Participants
Boxwood Avenue | Coco & Jack | Design Manifest | IBB for DWD | The House That Lars Built | Little Green Notebook | The Makerista | Making it Lovely | Old Brand New | Old Home Love | The Painted House | Megan Pflug Designs | Pink Pagoda | Erica Reitman | Sacramento Street | Simply Grove | Jill Sorensen | Vintage Rug Shop | Waiting on Martha