White Chocolate Candy Cane Cocktail — A pink and peppermint White Chocolate Candy Cane Cocktail perfect for the holidays.
’Tis the season for holidays, good cheer, and candy canes! I’m not the biggest fan of sweets. But I do enjoy some candy canes this time of year.
What’s not to love about their creamy, minty fresh taste and cute stripes? I, Ashley decided to capture their flavor in a cocktail, surprise surprise!
The White Chocolate Candy Cane Cocktail is great for after dinner drinks post holiday meals and for the countless cocktail parties that are ahead.
Best Ingredients For A White Chocolate Candy Cane Cocktail
The best way to get a mint flavor in a cocktail aside from fresh herbs is with creme de menthe– a minty, slightly herbal liqueur.
I mixed this one with creme da cacao and fresh cream and (of course) a candy cane garnish. A lot of creme de cacaos and creme de menthes out there have food coloring added and tend to be sickeningly sweet. Some having so much sugar it’s more like a syrup then a liqueur.
I like to use versions without food coloring and that have a better sweetness ratio. My go-to brands for these spirits are Marie Brizard and Tempus Fugit.
Finally, adding a bit of absinthe adds a slight herbal component the balances the creamy, sweet cocktail…
I used vintage coup glasses here. They are simply perfect for holiday imbibing.
I definitely recommending investing in some, whether intricate vintage ones or shiny new ones.
A lot of drinks during this time are served up (shaken with ice then served strained without ice in a glass). And this style is traditionally meant for champagne.
They will get you through all of the celebrations and bubbly ahead this season.
Now time to bust out your sparkly attire and make a round of these White Chocolate Candy Cane cocktails! Merry Merry!
White Chocolate Candy Cane Cocktail
White Chocolate Candy Cane Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz good quality creme de menthe I used Tempus Fugit.
- 1.5 oz good quality creme de cacao Tempus Fugit or white creme de cacao are my favorites!
- 1 oz heavy cream
- a few drops absinthe
- 5 mini candy canes crushed
- Finely crush candy canes.
- Add all but 1 tsp of crushed candy canes to a plate. Wet the rim of a coup or rocks glass and roll in the candy cane.
- If you want a pink cocktail, add the remaining 1 tsp of crushed candy cane to a shaker.
- Add all of the liquid ingredients. Shake with ice. Strain into a the glass.
- Garnish with a mini candy cane, optional.