Funfetti Reindeer Cookie Sandwiches — How ridiculously cute is this Funfetti Reindeer Cookie Sandwiches recipe from our friend Brandi at Real Like Crafter? Definitely making!
Santa’s on his way and it’s time to start getting your cookies and milk ready for ole’ St. Nick. But don’t you think he’d like something a little more delicious than a plain old sugar cookie?!
I, Brandi, am opting for this uber cute funfetti reindeer cookie sandwiches recipe instead!
They’re made with a delicious vanilla cookie sandwich shaped like Santa’s BFF, Rudolph, and served with a piping hot cup of hot cocoa and giant marshmallows!
And funfetti of course, you can never have too much of that.
These cookie sandwiches are super fun and easy to make and they’re sure to put a big jolly grin on your friends and family’s faces, not to mention the head elf himself.
Kiddos everywhere will love them the most!
I’m totally in love with these cookies, because, funfetti, enough said.
But the Princess Emulsion gives you that yummy lemon vanilla flavor that you find in your favorite bakery treats, and will definitely be your secret ingredient from now on.
You’ll have so much fun making these Funfetti Reindeer Cookies, they’re nothing short of major Christmas cheer and they’re so easy to put together in a pinch.
What’s your favorite treat to leave for Santa and his reindeer?!
Funfetti Reindeer Cookie Sandwich
Funfetti Reindeer Cookie Sandwiches Recipe
- Cookie cutter
- Pipping bag
Funfetti Sugar Cookies
- 4 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 0.5 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp Princess emulsion
- dash rainbow jimmies
- 1 stick of butter at room temperature
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tsp Princess emulsion
- 2” round cookie cutter
- red and brown fondant, for the noses and antlers
- Edible red glitter, optional
- royal icing eyes
- decorating bag and large round piping tip
To make the cookies —
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar, until it’s light and fluffy. With your mixer on medium, add eggs one at a time and mix until well combined, then add the Princess Emulsion.
- Next, add your sifted flour, one cup at a time, to the butter mixture and mix until combined. After your dough begins to come together, fold in your rainbow jimmies.
- Finally, shape dough into a round disk and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate dough for one hour.
- Remove your chilled cookie dough, lightly dust your rolling surface with flour, and roll out your dough to ¼” thick. Using a your cookie cutter, cut out 18 cookies, re-rolling any scraps if needed. You should be able to get enough cookies to make 9 sandwiches.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place your unbaked cookies on the baking tray, chill in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and remove your chilled cookies.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. The edges should be a light golden color. Allow cookies to cool completely cool before decorating.
To make the buttercream —
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream butter on medium speed.
- Slowly add your powdered sugar and continue to mix until well incorporated.
- Add heavy cream and Princess Emulsion and mix until combined.
- Place buttercream in your piping bag and you’re ready to go!
Assembling the reindeer —
- Now let’s make Rudolph come to life. Pipe buttercream on one cookie, place your antlers on top of the buttercream and top with your second cookie. Add your eyes and fondant nose and you’re cookie is complete.
- Grab your marshmallows, hot cocoa in your favorite mug, and you’re on your way to the nice list. Or at least a relaxing night at home with a holiday movie and some cozy socks, ha!