Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza — Everyone needs a simple party recipe to have on hand. And this sugar cookie fruit pizza recipe is ALWAYS a hit because who doesn’t love cookies and pizza?!?
I feel like all of the best hosts I know have a few recipes on hand that everyone always loves and looks forward to.
My grandma has about a million token recipes that she knows by heart. An I’m not exaggerating even though I am her number one fan.
But since I’m not quite as skilled in the kitchen as she is, my signature dishes usually consist of far simpler recipes… like a good sugar cookie fruit pizza. Yes, I know, just consider me on the ‘B’ team..
I started making these a few years ago (and even posted this terrible video version) with cinnamon cream cheese.
But I have since played around with a bunch of different variations before finding the one. And trust me. You can really never go wrong with this fruit pizza recipe.
It just as simple as flavored cream cheese, but so much better! I also feel entitled to say that with declaration on account of the fact that I burn/kill/ruin a lot of dishes that are supposed to be hits.
But this one is a 10 every time. So that’s really saying something!
Ingredients Needed To Make Mini Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizzas
- Your favorite sugar cookie recipe
- Mascarpone cheese — Cream cheese frosting is a popular “sauce” for your dessert pizza. However, I prefer mascarpone cheese since its sweeter and creamier.
- Powdered confectioners sugar
- Vanilla extract or vanilla bean
- Your choices of fruit for toppings
- Mini dark chocolate chips of yogurt chips — Optional for toppings
- Lemon juice — Just to keep the fruit from turning before serving!
Can I Use Store Bought Sugar Cookie Dough?
Yes! And I highly recommend it to save you on time. You can whip up these mini sugar cookie fruit pizzas under 30 minutes!
I always use store bought Pillsbury ready bake squares. It comes in a tube and you use roll it out and bake it.
Of course, if you truly want to make this from scratch, you can bake your own sugar cookie crust.
What Fruit Toppings Can You Use?
There are so many fruit choices but my favorite to top the sugar cookie fruit pizzas with are sliced strawberries, blueberries, sliced kiwis, raspberries and mandarin oranges.
For these particular time, I left out the mandarin oranges since golden yellow raspberries were in season!
I love having a colorful palete but you can definitely make these themed fruit pizzas for special holidays like 4th of July or Christmas.
Whatever fruit you choose, using fresh fruit is key!
How To Make Mini Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizzas
1 — Bake your sugar cookies on a baking sheet with parchment paper until golden brown. And let it cool completely, otherwise the cheese topping will melt/curdle.
2 — Mix the mascarpone cheese, confectioners sugar, and vanilla together in a bowl, beat until fluffy and then spread the cheese mixture evenly on each sugar cookie.
3 — Rinse and slice your fruits as necessary.
4 — Give the fruit a quick squeeze of lemon juice on top to keep them from turning brown before serving.
5 — Now all you have to do is arrange your favorite fruits on each cookie and few mini chocolate chips for decoration, and you’re all set to impress!
Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza Recipe Notes
- Be sure to keep the cookies refrigerated until serving to keep the mascarpone cheese chilled. Let them come to room temperature just a bit before eating. You want a whipped topping very runny cheese.
- These are great for parties since their mini pizzas. But if you want one large sugar cookie fruit pizza to slice and serve, just bake your sugar cookie in a 12-inch pizza pan.
More Mini Desserts And Appetizers To Try
I love all things in mini bite sizes. If you are looking for more mini desserts and appetizers, check out a few favorites from the archives —
- Dessert Cheese & Crackers
- DIY Mini Confetti Print Cakes
- Raspberry Smoothie Bowl Bites
- Mini Butter Cookie Tarts
- Easy Crockpot Meatballs
- Chocolate Dipped Pretzels & Candy Apples
- Mini Mochi Cakes
- Chocolate Fruit Cheese Cups
Mini Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizzas Recipe
Mini Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizzas Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Large mixing bowl
- Hand or stand mixer
- Your favorite sugar cookie recipe I just use Pillsbury ready bake squares.
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese We used 2 8-oz containers.
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean
- Your choices of fruit for toppings (blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, raspberries, etc.)
- Mini dark chocolate chips or yogurt chips optional
- Lemon juice optional just to keep the fruit from turning before serving.
- Bake your sugar cookies golden brown. Let cool completely, otherwise the cheese will melt/curdle.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the mascarpone cheese, confectioners sugar, and vanilla together until fluffy. Spread the cheese mixture evenly on each sugar cookie crust.
- Rinse and slice your fruits as necessary.
- Give the fruit a quick squeeze of lemon juice on top to keep them from turning brown before serving.
- Arrange your fruits on each cookie and add few mini chocolate chips for decoration.
- Keep the cookies refrigerated until serving to keep the mascarpone cheese chilled. Let them come to room temperature just a bit before eating.
- You can opt for one large fruit pizza instead of mini pizzas by baking your cookie dough in a 12-inch pizza pan.
- Recipe time varies on whether or not you use store bought cookie dough or if you make your cookies from scratch.
Don’t forget to share your low carb cheesecake with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! And if you’re looking for more quick and delicious recipes you can find them all right here with a few cocktails to go along with them!