I may not be a lot of things, but at least I’m consistent when it comes to not knowing when to stop on a birthday party! In this case, Gwen’s first birthday party ideas seem a lot more than “a chill party with family” that I was going for, but in my defense, I can basically just shop the things we already own from the Sugar & Cloth studio and still be over the top. A perk of the stylist trade, I guess?!
The cafe we rented for her party also played a pretty big role in making it seem like I tried a lot harder than I actually did. Honey Art Cafe is full of colorful rainbow walls, cute cushions, paint palettes, etc so really all we did was move some crafting supplies (you can order food and craft here on the regular!) out of the way.
We also had no cutesy theme for her party, just all things colorful!…
Here’s what I actually got/bought for her party:
- Honey Art Cafe rental (they closed the store down for us and it also included a food credit for unicorn macarons, etc). This was also non-optional because even though we just did a family/family friends party, Jared’s side of the family is massive and our townhouse wouldn’t have fit that many! Not to mention our 3-floor home isn’t even close to being safe for multiple kids running around! – $300
- Mint green mini cupcakes from Celebrity Cupcakes – $25
- A custom mini, colorful shag cake from Whisk Bakery (that I ended up dropping before I even gave to her, whoops!! See that hiccup here!) – $50
- Balloon arrangements were gifted from Glamfetti Co. (another perk of the trade!), but she has SUPER reasonable prices. You can actually buy Gwen’s exact high chair balloon garland kit right here to DIY.
- A custom color block romper gifted from my friend Esther from Cuteheads (again, a perk but we also trade industry favors!) and her confetti shoes we already owned thanks to a gift from our friend Oh Joy!
- Her hair clip party hat from Meri Meri – $8
- A medium Chick-fil-A nuggets tray – $50
- Our only form of entertainment for the kids was the rainbow bounce house I snagged on Amazon Prime for $225 (it’s showing as way more expensive now, I’m sorry!) and was our only gift to her…plus we will be forcing this purchase on our kids until they go to college, lol.
- Insert shameless plug for pimping out our Sugar & Cloth products that we used for her party, ha! To recreate her look — confetti napkins, mint green dessert plates, cactus drinking cups, scalloped pink serving trays, mint green flatware, and colorful ombre straws.
Everything else we brought for the party came from what we had at the studio. And yes, the Chick-fil-A nuggets are casually displayed in a gold bingo bin that I already owned because I clearly have hoarding problems.
Considering how you look at, this is super chill for a Mom who makes a living by throwing parties right?! And thanks to our friend Alyssa for all of the pretty photos, you’re the best!…
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission using Shopstyle, Reward Style, and/or Amazon Associates.