You know I’m allll about some over the top flowers, elaborate events, and awesome venues for bringing you all some entertaining inspiration. At the end of the day though, most of us are entertaining at home or with family and friends over more casual occasions, so I’m super excited to start a new Real Entertaining series! Let’s be honest, not every occasion constitutes a florist.
This means you’ll be seeing my family and friends (in their sports clothes) in our homes and possibly a few kids toys or random electronic cords in the background, too. Just don’t be fooled by my sister-in-law that happens to look like a model, haha!
I also want to bring you very doable recipes and decor ideas that are easy to throw together for a quick gathering to bring it all together. In this instance, we hosted a low-key brunch with my (very eligible… see what I did there…) brother and Jared’s family at our house this past Sunday in our dining room at home.
Maybe it’s the Southern gal in me, but you can’t have a brunch without biscuits, right?! I made SUPER easy garlic & herb Boursin cheese biscuits to accompany a few other staples…
When it comes to our parties, it’s usually a family affair. If someone offers to help with something, we always take them up on it!
To accompany the biscuits, I made bacon wrapped dates, chicken and donut skewers, a mocktail fruit punch bowl, and fresh fruit with coconut cool whip for something sweet. My brother made the maple bacon and pork sausage, and my mother in law made her famous egg casserole to round it all out!
Then everyone chips in when it comes to cleaning up. I’m also a big fan of using my cute dishware for serving buffet style and then disposable plates, napkins, and flatware for easy cleanup of everything else.
I hope you love this new series, and if you have any real entertaining scenarios or ideas that you want to see, let me know!
Easy Garlic & Herb Boursin Cheese Biscuits Recipe
- 1 package Boursin Garlic & Fine Herb cheese
- 2 dozen of your favorite biscuits or homemade biscuit recipe
- Whether you're prepping your own homemade biscuit recipe or using an already prepared version to bake at home, place the chilled dough onto cookie sheets.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of Boursin cheese on top of each biscuit before baking,
- Follow appropriate heating instructions and timing based on your biscuit recipe as usual.
- Serve the freshly baked biscuits warm and be sure to store leftover biscuits in the refridgerator to keep the Boursin fresh and chilled before reheating.