Instant Pot Soup — This easy hearty White Bean and Vegetable Instant Pot Soup recipe is a vegetarian or vegan-friendly option that you can make in no time.
This hearty Instant Pot White Bean and Vegetable Soup is the perfect easy dinner idea to make when you don’t feel like cooking, but are craving a nutrient-dense meal.
And, with everything made right in the Instant Pot, clean-up is a breeze. Forget take-out, make this soup and have leftovers for days!
Thanks to a recent Amazon sale, I (Alex) am the proud new owner of an Instant Pot, AKA the appliance that everyone (especially Pinterest) is talking about…
What is an Instant Pot?
One part slow-cooker, one part pressure-cooker, it’s the do-it-all gadget that makes healthy eating even easier. Which (after the last few months of endless gatherings) is a welcome thought.
I’m not usually one to push more kitchen appliances on my friends. But it seems that I’ve unknowingly become an Instant Pot salesperson.
It has the ability to cook dried beans in less than 30 minutes, make homemade yogurt AND cook vegetables in the same time it takes to heat up the oven.
In other words, if you don’t have one, you need one.
How to Make Vegetable Instant Pot Soup
1 — Place oil in the bottom of the Instant Pot and turn on the sauté setting.
2 — Add the onion and cook until lightly softened and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
3 — Add the carrots, celery, zucchini and seasoning. Cook and additional 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
4 — Press the “cancel/keep warm” button. Then, add all remaining ingredients except the white beans to the pot.
5 — Place the cover on and then hit the manual button and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
6 — Let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes. Then, quick release and remove cover.
7 — Stir in the beans and season to taste.
8 — Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese (if using). Serve immediately.
Can I Make This Soup Without an Instant Pot?
No Instant Pot? No problem.
Sauté the vegetables on the stove in a large saucepan. Then, continue to add the rest of the ingredients and cook until noodles are tender and vegetables are cooked through.
Alternatively, place sautéed vegetables in the base of a slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients. Cook on low 4-5 hours.
White Bean and Vegetable Instant Pot Soup Recipe
- Instant Pot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 carrot chopped
- 2 celery stalk chopped
- 2 cup zucchini sliced
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 2 cup kale leaves shredded
- 4 cup vegetable broth
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes canned with juice
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt taste and add more if more saltiness is desired
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup ditalini noodles or other small noodles
- 15 oz white beans canned, drained and rinsed
- Chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese optional for garnish
- Place oil in the bottom of the Instant Pot, and turn on the sauté setting.
- Add the onion and cook until lightly softened and caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, zucchini and seasoning. Cook and additional 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Press "cancel/keep warm" button. Then, add all remaining ingredients except the white beans to the pot.
- Place the cover on, and then hit the manual button, and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release and remove cover.
- Stir in the beans and season to taste.
- Optional: Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Don’t forget to share your instant pot soup with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! Looking for more quick and delicious recipes? You can find them all right here with a few bites to go along with them!