Whole30 Chicken Salad Wraps Recipe — They’re creamy, flavorful and completely Whole30, paleo and keto approved. All of the healthy fats (hello, avocado!) keep you satisfied and full.
It’s a common misconception that eating healthy means making sacrifices.
Trust me, these Avocado Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps prove otherwise!
They’re creamy, flavorful and completely Whole30, paleo and keto approved. All of the healthy fats (hello, avocado!) keep you satisfied and full.
Even after an hour of eating, you still won’t have to worry about hangry setting in.
Besides being healthy, the chicken salad filling is meal-prep friendly.
You can make it for dinner one night and have it for lunch for the next several days since the lemon juice in the filling keeps the avocados from turning brown.
If you want to mix up the toppings, you absolutely could.
For a Mexican flair, substitute the tomatoes for pico de gallo and add in a few green onions.
Anything that follows your diet guidelines and makes you happy, just go for it!
Using A Whole30 Mayonnaise For Your Chicken Salad Wrap
You can purchase Whole30 approved mayonnaise at the grocery store. However, I’ve also included a recipe just in case it’s hard to find where you live.
Don’t be shy about making your own fresh mayonnaise though. It’s really satisfying to make!
You can whisk the mayonnaise by hand or use an immersion blender. If raw eggs make you weary, look for pasteurized eggs, which are completely safe to consume.
As for what to use for the wrap, you can use any large leafy green. There’s kale, green leaf lettuce or even romaine.
I (Rebecca) personally like to stack a couple of leaves of butter lettuce since they’re more soft and tender and pack a great flavor.
So if you’re doing a Whole30, or maybe you rock that paleo or keto lifestyle, these Avocado Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps might just be the dinner you’ve been looking for.
And even if you’re not eating with those guidelines? Well, a little bit of healthy is always a good idea!
Other Easy Recipes
We can’t wait to hear what your guests think of our Whole30 avocado chicken salad lettuc wraps!!
And in case you’re looking for additional healthy dinner pairing ideas, here are a few of our favorites below —
- Serve out turkey chili with these healthy baked apples as a dessert
- If you’re serving leftovers you can pair this with a healthy snack idea
- Cozy up with 5 easy flavored popcorn recipes to make at home
- Our Whole30 chicken wraps recipe is the perfect appetizer to a healthy turkey chili
- Have your turkey chili at night and a detox smoothie recipe in the morning
Easy Whole30 Chicken Salad Wrap Recipe
Easy Whole30 Avocado Chicken Salad Lettuce Wrap
For the mayonnaise:
- 1 fresh egg
- 1/4 cup olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
For the chicken:
- 2 lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- avocado or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove of diced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
For the filling & toppings:
- lettuce or kale leaves
- diced tomatoes
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup ripe, mashed avocado
- 1/4 cup cup mayonnaise
To make the mayonnaise:
- Whisk together the egg, ¼ cup of the oil, mustard, and ½ tsp. sea salt until smooth.
- Then, while continually whisking, slowly drizzle the rest of the oil in until it is all combined.
- It should take about 3-5 minutes to combine, and the mixture will be thick. You can also use an immersion blender for this step.
- Whisk in the lemon juice, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
For the chicken:
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lay the chicken out on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle chicken oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for 25-30 minutes or until it’s cooked to about 165F internally.
- Remove chicken from the oven.
- Allow chicken to cool before cutting or shredding it into small cubes.
For the filling:
- Combine the mashed avocado, ¼ cup of the mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in the chicken, then serve in the lettuce leaves and top with the diced tomatoes and bacon.
- Serve immediately.
Don’t forget to share your Whole30 chicken salad creation with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! And if you’re looking for more quick and delicious recipes you can find them all right here with a few cocktails to go along with them!