Our full tutorial on how to perfectly cut and prep Frosted Heart Shaped Brownies for your special Valentine.
I’m a big fan of Valentine’s Day. Mostly because of the chocolate.
My favorite foodie boutiques transform their offerings to include tiny chocolate and confectionary treats just begging to be bought.
Of course, while I, Alex always pick something up for my husband, I’m mostly there for me. A bite-size piece of chocolate after dinner is my favorite way to unwind the day.
These Frosted Heart Shaped Brownies are a fun treat to give to anyone, romantic partner or not, this Valentine’s Day.
Since I’m a sucker for anything with sprinkles, I’ve added a thick coating of chocolate frosting that I can layer generously with sprinkles.
Heart shaped sprinkles on heart shaped brownies? It’s adorable and delicious.
What You Need To Make Frosted Heart Shaped Brownies
To keep things easy, I’m relying on boxed brownie mix.
You’ll need a heart shaped cookie-cutter for these, which you can find online or at most cooking stores.
The one I used is 2 inches wide, the perfect size for a two-bite treat.
What Other Toppings You Can Use For Your Brownies
If you do not have heart shaped brownie molds, that’s not a problem!
You can simply use other types of cookie cutters like circles and flowers to make interesting looking brownies.
Some people might want to go beyond the usual pink frosting sprinkles and may want to take their homemade Valentine’s Day gift up a notch.
Here are some other frosting and topping ideas that you can use:
— Chocolate chips
— Coconut flakes
— Caramel sauce
— Fruit jams or jellies
— Melted chocolate or white chocolate
— Sprinkles in different colors
— Crushed candy canes
— Mini marshmallows
— Cookie crumbs
— Icing in different colors
If you’re not feeling very creative, you can also buy a pre-made frosting or topping mixture from the store.
Just make sure that it is something that will taste good with chocolate brownies.
How To Store Your Frosted Heart Shaped Brownies
If you’re not going to eat your brownies right away, you should store them in an airtight container in the fridge. This will help keep them fresh and prevent them from drying out.
They can also be frozen for later use. Just make sure to thaw them out before eating.
You can enjoy the extra brownie batter on it’s own, or roll into balls with extra frosting and dip into sprinkles.
For a fun gift idea, place a single brownie bite in a cellophane bag. Then, tie with heart shaped ribbon.
More Valentine’s Day Recipes
- How to make heart shaped donuts
- Strawberry & Rose Sorbet Champagne
- DIY Boob Macarons
- Raspberry Heart Shaped Pop Tarts
Frosted Heart Shaped Brownies Recipe
- 9" x 9” brownie pan
- Parchment paper
- Medium saucepan
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- 1 box your favorite brownie mix plus ingredients as directed by the package
- 6 tbsp milk
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Heart shaped sprinkles for topping
- Line a 9"x9” brownie pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare the brownies according to package directions and bake. Remove from oven and let cool to the touch.
- Using the parchment overhangs, remove the brownies from the pan and set aside.
To make the frosting:
- Combine the milk, butter and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil. Then, remove from heat.
- Add in the chocolate chips and vanilla and stir until completely melted and smooth. Pour immediately over the brownies.
- Add sprinkles and let cool until hardened.
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the brownies, taking care not to smash the frosting.
- Top with sprinkles.