Frosted Heart Shaped Brownies — Our full tutorial on how to perfectly cut and prep frosted heart shaped brownies for your special Valentine.
I’m a big fan of Valentine’s Day. Mostly because of the chocolate. My favorite foodie boutiques transform their offerings to include tiny chocolate and confectionary treats just begging to be bought.
Of course, while I, Alex always pick something up for my husband, I’m mostly there for me. A bite-size piece of chocolate after dinner is my favorite way to unwind the day.
These brownies are a fun treat to give to anyone, romantic partner or not, this Valentine’s Day.
Since I’m a sucker for anything with sprinkles, I’ve added a thick coating of chocolate frosting that I can layer generously with sprinkles.
Heart shaped sprinkles on heart shaped brownies? It’s adorable and delicious.
What You Need To Make Frosted Heart Shaped Brownies
To keep things easy, I’m relying on boxed brownie mix. But feel free to use your favorite recipe.
You’ll need a heart shaped cookie-cutter for these, which you can find online or at most cooking stores. The one I used is 2 inches wide, the perfect size for a two-bite treat.
You can enjoy the extra brownie batter on it’s own, or roll into balls with extra frosting and dip into sprinkles.
For a fun gift; place a single brownie bite in a cellophane bag, then tie with heart shaped ribbon.
More Valentine’s Day Recipes
- How to make heart shaped donuts
- Strawberry & Rose Sorbet Champagne
- DIY Boob Macarons
- Raspberry Heart Shaped Pop Tarts
Frosted Heart Shaped Brownies
Frosted Heart Shaped Brownies Recipe
- 9" x 9” brownie pan
- Parchment paper
- Medium saucepan
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- 1 box your favorite brownie mix plus ingredients as directed by the package
- 6 tbsp milk
- 6 tbsp butter softened
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- Heart shaped sprinkles for topping
- Line a 9x9” brownie pan with parchment paper. Prepare the brownies according to package directions and bake. Remove from oven and let cool to the touch.
- Using the parchment overhangs, remove the brownies from the pan and set aside.
To make the frosting:
- Combine the milk, butter and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Add in the chocolate chips and vanilla and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour immediately over the brownies, add sprinkles and let cool until hardened.
- To serve:
- Using a heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out the brownies, taking care not to smash the frosting.
- Top with sprinkles.