Nothing says fall like candy apples! We put a spin on the fall favorite treat using another French favorite dessert with our DIY Candy Apple Macarons.
Are you a fan of both macarons and candy apples? Well, get ready to have your taste buds blown away with this exciting DIY Candy Apple Macarons recipe hack!
Whether you’re hosting a Halloween party, Thanksgiving dinner or simply craving something deliciously different, follow along as we guide you through the steps to create these mouthwatering treats right in your own kitchen.
Plus, these Candy Apple Macarons are a lot less messy to make if you were actually making real candy apples or caramel. So get ready to impress your friends and family with this fun twist on a classic favorite!
Materials and Tools Needed to Candy Apple Macarons
How to Make CandyApple Macarons
1– To give the “apples” a little more dimension, we used the green food marker on them first to shade around the edges. Then, we blended in the colors in with our finger.
2 — Next, we melted white chips with a splash of brown melting chips to make a soft caramel color.
3 — Then, dip each macaron and then give each one a splash of sprinkles.
4 — We set them upright to let the chocolate bottoms dry flat on wax paper.
5 — Finally, stick in your lollipop sticks.
After all of the stick debating, I need some reassurance here that you can actually tell these are meant to look like candied apples!
They’re definitely an easy fall-inspired snack to make for your next dinner or Halloween party if nothing else.
More Macarons Ideas
Looking for more DIY candied apple macarons? Here are some of our favorite Macarons Ideas that might also inspire you this Holiday Season –
- Easy Halloween Macarons Dessert – Ghost Macarons Recipe
- Jumbo DIY Paper Mache Macarons
- How To Make Italian Macarons Recipe (SO DELICIOUS!)
- How to Make Holiday Wreath Meringue Macarons
- Glossary of Macarons Cocktail Recipes
Candy Apple Macarons Recipe
- Wax paper
- Green food marker
- Lollipop sticks
- To give the “apples” a little more dimension, I used the green food marker on them first to shade around the edges. And I blended in the colors in with my finger.
- Melt the white chips with a splash of brown melting chips to make a soft caramel color.
- Dip each macaron and then give each one a splash of sprinkles.
- Set them upright to let the chocolate bottoms dry flat on wax paper.
Don’t forget to share your candy apple macarons with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! And if you’re looking for more quick and delicious recipes, you can find them all right here, with a few desserts to go along with them!