Nothing says fall like DIY Candied Apple Macarons, am I right?! Okay, so it’s not exactly typical, but I couldn’t resist putting a spin on these macs!
Besides the PSL (pumpkin spiced latte) craze, you know fall has really arrived once people start busting out the candied apples.
I’ve never really understood this fall/candied apple phenomenon myself. But hey! I can get down with just about anything dipped in caramel any time of the year, so I don’t question it.
I did, however, take it upon myself to make DIY Candied Apple Macarons for those that prefer not to have the mess of regular caramel apples but still like to blend in when fall rolls around.
I know what you’re all thinking right now, “Sure, go ahead and pretend to take one for the team when really you just wanted to make something else out of macarons.”
In that instance, you’d be correct. But I am at least sharing my DIY fail portion of this with you, too…
Materials and Tools Needed to Make DIY Candied Apple Macarons
Green macarons — Store bought or you can make your own easy macarons or matcha macarons.
How to Make DIY Candied Apple Macarons
Step 1 – To give the “apples” a little more dimension, I used the green food marker on them first to shade around the edges. And I blended in the colors in with my finger.
Step 2 – Next, I melted white chips with a splash of brown melting chips to make a soft caramel color.
Step 3 – Then dip each macaron and then give each one a splash of sprinkles.
Step 4 – I set them upright to let the chocolate bottoms dry flat on wax paper.
Originally I had planned to make “twig” sticks for each apple.
But it was nearly as cute as I thought it would be, even after aimlessly searching the internet for this twig mold and making the sticks a few weeks ago.
Alas, I skipped the fondant brown twig sticks and went with white lollipop sticks instead. The DIY struggle is real!
After all of the stick debating, I need some reassurance here that you can actually tell these are meant to look like candied apples!
They’re definitely an easy fall-inspired snack to make for your next dinner or Halloween party if nothing else.
More Macarons Ideas
Looking for more DIY candied apple macarons? Here are some of our favorite Macarons Ideas that might also inspire you this Holiday Season –
- Easy Halloween Macarons Dessert – Ghost Macarons Recipe
- Jumbo DIY Paper Mache Macarons
- How To Make Italian Macarons Recipe (SO DELICIOUS!)
- How to Make Holiday Wreath Meringue Macarons
- Glossary of Macarons Cocktail Recipes
DIY Candied Apple Macarons
- Wax paper
- Green food marker
- Lollipop sticks
- 6 pcs Green macarons Store bought or you can make your own easy macarons or matcha macarons.
- 1 cup White chocolate melting chips
- 1 cup Milk chocolate melting chips
- 1 cup Sprinkles
- To give the “apples” a little more dimension, I used the green food marker on them first to shade around the edges. And I blended in the colors in with my finger.
- Melt the white chips with a splash of brown melting chips to make a soft caramel color.
- Dip each macaron and then give each one a splash of sprinkles.
- Set them upright to let the chocolate bottoms dry flat on wax paper.
Don’t forget to share your candied apple macarons with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! And if you’re looking for more quick and delicious recipes, you can find them all right here, with a few desserts to go along with them!
4 thoughts on “How To Make DIY Candied Apple Macarons”
When I saw these, I thought they were caramel apples! They definitely look real. Very cute!
These macarons are the cutest ever! You did a great job!
When I saw these, I actually thought they were (real) mini candied apples at first! So yes, I’d say you succeeded here!! These are just amazing, Ash. Such a genius, you are!
So clever, Ash. I love these!