DIY Ghost Macarons — In case you’re looking for an easy Halloween dessert idea, these DIY Ghost Macarons are super cute and just as easy to make! You can also incorporate them on top of any dessert.
It’s not Halloween around Sugar & Cloth until we’ve topped a dessert with another dessert, then topped that with another dessert, am I right?!
That’s basically all we’re doing here with these DIY Ghost Macarons for an easy Halloween dessert idea. And I’m not mad about it! Plus, they’re perfectly spooky and cute.
I also cheated and used a few key ingredients so that recreating these is EXTRA easy to do. That way you still have time to squeeze them in for your Halloween party even if you still have an entire costume to make!
First things first, note that you can recreate the concept of these melting ghosts to top just about any dessert of your choice with! Not everyone is a macaron fan and that’s totally okay.
You could easily apply this same DIY Halloween idea to cupcakes, cakes, sugar cookies, you name it! I just so happen to have a macaron addiction (as evidenced here). So I thought they looked cute this way!
Your kids will love them, and your adult friends will think they’re totally luxe…
Easy Halloween Dessert Idea | Ingredients & Tools Needed To Make DIY Ghost Macarons
Chocolate macarons — For a quick and easy DIY idea, you can use Trader Joe’s macaron packs. Find them in the freezer section. They’re seriously so good and so cheap! You can literally make dozens of these for under $20! However, we also have an easy guide on how to make macarons.
How To Make DIY Ghost Macarons
1 — To make sure that the ghosts aren’t too top-heavy to where they fall off of the macarons, use a sharp knife to cut them in half.
2 — Next, smear a little dollop of marshmallow fluff onto the top of the macaron. The marshmallow fluff will slowly spread over the edge on it’s own.
If you add too much of it then the ghost peeps will slide right off. So there’s definitely a happy medium situation with these.
3 — Once you’ve prepped your ghosts by cutting them in half and applying the marshmallow fluff, stick the ghost peep on top and lightly torch the edges for a toasted look.
Again, if they start to slide too much, use less of the marshmallow fluff. There’s no need for a pipping bag. The slightly mess less perfect look fits with the Halloween theme.
In case, you’re not a marshmallow fluff fan, you can easily skip the extra dollop if you’d like.
Just be sure to really get the bottom of your peep nice and gooey with the handheld torch before sticking the bottom of the ghosts to the top of macarons.
Serve the DIY Ghost Macarons quickly if you prefer the gooey style or let them cool in the fridge completely to save for a party that week.
How To Store Dessert Ghost Macarons
To keep your Halloween dessert tasting extra yummy, be sure to store these DIY Ghost Macarons in an airtight container in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
They’re delicious served chilled or at room temperature. It’s totally up to you!
What do you think?! A simple Halloween dessert idea but totally effective, right?! Thinking I’m going to make some similar versions for Christmas macs, too!
How Long Will the Halloween Macarons Last?
If stored correctly in an airtight container in the fridge, your DIY Ghost Macarons will last about a week. This gives you plenty of time to make them in advance of your Halloween party!
Easy Halloween Ideas to Recreate
Looking for other easy Halloween ideas? Here are some of our favorite Halloween DIY’s, costume and decor ideas, desserts and cocktail recipes below:
- Easy 5-Minute Pumpkin Drink Decal
- Ghoul’s Guts Ghost Shots
- Family Halloween Costume Ideas
- Couples Costume Ideas
- Costume Ideas For Kids
- DIY Halloween Wigs & Lashes
- Not So Spooky Halloween Door Decor
- Spooky DIY Halloween Bar Cart
- Halloween DIY Floral Centerpiece
DIY Ghost Macarons
DIY Ghost Macarons
- Chocolate macarons We used Trader Joe's macarons from the freezer section.
- Marshmallow fluff optional
- Peeps Marshmallow Ghosts halved
- Use a sharp knife to cut the marshmallow ghosts in half. This will ensure that the ghosts are not too top-heavy to where they fall off of the macarons.
- Smear a little dollop of marshmallow fluff onto the top of the macaron. The marshmallow fluff will slowly spread over the edge on it’s own. Do not use too much marshmallow fluff or the ghost peeps will slide right off.
- Stick the halved ghost peep on top of the marshmallow fluff layer and lightly torch the edges for a toasted look.
- If you opt not to use any marshmallow fluff, torch the bottom of the ghost like until it's nice and goeey and stick it directly on top of the macaron.
- Serve immediately if you prefer the gooey looky or let them cool in the fridge completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.