A perfectly sweet and spooky Halloween Ghoul’s Guts Shots recipe with a DIY Shot Glass twist. These ice cream cake Halloween shots are the best creepy cocktails!
We’ve concocted quite a few ice cream shot recipes in the history of Sugar & Cloth. But we’ve yet to bust out any Halloween inspired ones.
Valentine’s Day? We’ve got you covered with some cotton candy ice cream shots. Christmas? We love the holiday so much that much we made two, a peppermint one and a Christmas cookie one. A “just because” ice cream cake shot? Most definitely.
Ingredients Needed to Make Ghoul’s Guts Shots
Almond milk (or your choice of milk)
Mini un-iced vanilla cupcake — Optional: If you’d rather not have any texture to the milkshake shot, then omit the mini cupcake. It would just now be an ice-cream shot instead of an ice-cream cake shot. You can use a pre-made store cupcake. Or we have an easy vanilla cupcake recipe here.
Creme de de Cacao — A sweet alcoholic liqueur made from cocoa beans with a hint of vanilla.
Simple syrup or honey — For the rims
Black sanding sugar — For garnish. You can use black sprinkles, but sanding sugar is smaller and finer so will stick to the rims easier.
Can You Make a Mocktail Version of the Halloween Ghost Shots?
Yes, you can easily make a non-alcoholic version of these Halloween shots. Simply skip the Creme de Cacao liqueur and add extra equal parts milk. It’s just as tasty as an ice cream cake shot!
We do recommend including the vanilla cupcake if you do opt for a mocktail version. The kids will love it (because what kid doesn’t love cupcakes)? Plus, it will give the shots additional depth and flavoring when you omit Creme de Cacao.
How to Make Ghoul’s Guts Shots
1 — In a blender, mix together all of the ingredients (almond milk, ice cream, whipped cream, Creme de Cacao and mini cupcake).
2 — For the shot glass rim, dip this glasses in the simple syrup or honey.
Then, dip the rims in black sanding sugar.
Make sure to cover all of the syrup or honey with sprinkles well so that it doesn’t bleed too much into the ice cream.
3 — Fill each glass and serve immediately.
How to Make the Halloween Ghosts DIY Shot Glasses
Lastly, just peel and stick them onto your glass. The eyes and mouth don’t even have to be perfectly shaped. And the best part is that this is all temporary. We discovered that it was easier first decorating the shot glasses before you rim and make the cocktail.
More Creepy Cocktails and Desserts
For more creepy cocktails and desserts, check out our favorite Halloween recipes from the archives —
- Classic Zombie Cocktail — Perfect if you’re a Tiki rum lover.
- Spooky Stencil Cocktail — If you want a pretty yet creepy drink…
- Bubbly Spiked Dirty Chai Latte
- Shrunken Skull Cocktail — Another rum based libation!
- Detoxing Activated Charcoal Cocktail — It’s healthy too.
- Easy Dirt Dessert Recipe — How to make a boozy dirt cup recipe.
- DIY Ghost Macarons
Ghoul’s Guts Shots Recipe
- Shot glasses
- 1 splash almond milk or your choice of milk
- 3 scoop vanilla ice cream
- 1 dollop whipped cream
- 2 oz crème de cacao liqueur optional for an alcoholic drink
- 1 mini un-iced vanilla cupcake optional for texture
- Simple syrup or honey for the rim
- Black sanding sugar for garnish
- If you’d rather not have any texture to the milkshake shot, then omit the mini cupcake.
- For a non-alcoholic version, skip the Creme de Cacao and substitute it with extra milk.
To rim your shot glass:
- Dip this glasses in the simple syrup or honey.
- Dip the rims of the shot glasses in black sanding sugar. Make sure to cover all of the syrup or honey with sprinkles well so that it doesn’t bleed too much into the ice cream.
To make the Halloween shots:
- In a blender, mix together all of the ingredients (almond milk, ice cream, whipped cream, Creme de Cacao and mini cupcake).
- Fill each glass and serve immediately.
Don’t forget to share your Halloween shots with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! And if you’re looking for more quick and delicious recipes you can find them all right here with a few bites to go along with them!