Ghoul’s Guts Shots — A perfectly sweet and spooky Halloween Ghoul’s Guts Shots recipe with a DIY Shot Glass twist. These ice cream cake Halloween shots are the best creepy cocktails!
I’ve concocted quite a few ice cream shot recipes in the history of Sugar & Cloth. But I’ve yet to bust out any Halloween inspired ones.
And now… A Ghoul’s Guts Ice Cream Cake Shot recipe just for Halloween partying.
Luckily, ghosts have a tendency to fall in line with my all white color scheme here on the blog. So I just went with it…
Ingredients Needed To Make Ghoul’s Guts Shots
- Almond milk (or your choice of milk)
- Vanilla ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Mini un-iced vanilla cupcake — Optional: If you’d rather not have any texture to the milkshake shot, then omit the mini cupcake.
- Creme de Cocoa — A sweet alcoholic liqueur made from cocoa beans with a hint of vanilla.
- Simple syrup or honey — For the rims
- Black sanding sugar — For garnish
How To Make A Mocktail Version of The Ghoul Guts Shots
If you prefer a non-alcoholic version of these Halloween shots, skip the Cream de Cocoa liqueur and add extra equal parts milk.
It’s just as tasty as an ice cream cake shot!
Halloween Shots | How To Make Ghoul’s Guts Shots
1 — Mix together all of the ingredients (almond milk, ice cream, whipped cream, Creme de Cocoa and mini cupcake) and blend.
2 — For the shot glass rim, dip this glasses in the simple syrup or honey. Then, dip the rims in black sanding sugar. Make sure to cover all of the syrup or honey with sprinkles well so that it doesn’t bleed too much into the ice cream.
3 — Fill each glass and serve immediately.
Halloween Ghosts DIY Shot Glasses
More Creepy Cocktails & Desserts
For more creepy cocktails and desserts, check out our favorite Halloween recipes from the archives —
- Classic Zombie Cocktail — Perfect if you’re a Tiki rum lover.
- Spooky Stencil Cocktail — If you want a pretty yet creepy drink…
- Bubbly Spiked Dirty Chai Latte
- Shrunken Skull Cocktail — Another rum based libation!
- Detoxing Activated Charcoal Cocktail — It’s healthy too.
- Easy Dirt Dessert Recipe — How to make a boozy dirt cup recipe.
- DIY Ghost Macarons
Halloween Ghost Shots | Ghoul’s Guts Ice Cream Cake Shots
Ghoul's Guts Shots Recipe
- Shot glasses
- 1 splash almond milk or your choice of milk
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 dollop whipped cream
- 2 oz Creme de Cocoa optional for an alcoholic drink
- 1 mini un-iced vanilla cupcake optional if you don't want texture to the shots
- Simple syrup or honey for the rim
- Black sanding sugar for garnish
- Mix together all of the ingredients (almond milk, ice cream, whipped cream, Creme de Cocoa and mini cupcake) and blend.
- For the shot glass rim, dip this glasses in the simple syrup or honey. Then, dip the rims in black sanding sugar. Make sure to cover all of the syrup or honey with sprinkles well so that it doesn’t bleed too much into the ice cream.
- Fill each glass and serve immediately.
- If you’d rather not have any texture to the milkshake shot, then omit the mini cupcake.
- If you prefer the non-alcoholic version, skip the Cream de Cocoa and add extra milk.
Don’t forget to share your Halloween shots with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! And if you’re looking for more quick and delicious recipes you can find them all right here with a few bites to go along with them!