A riff off one of our favorite traditional Chinese desserts, creamy mango pudding… these Mango Jello Bites make for the perfect snack.
Welcome to our delectable Mango Jello Bites recipe. They’re a delightful riff off of one of our favorite traditional Chinese desserts, creamy mango pudding.
Except we made these bite-sized awhile still capturing the luscious flavors of ripe mangoes in a gelatinous treat.
They’re perfect for anyone seeking a tropical, refreshing dessert without any dairy ingredients, which makes it one of our favorite Asian dessert recipes.
Ingredients Needed to Make Mango Jello Bites
Unflavored gelatin — One packet makes about four 1/2 cup servings.
Sweetened shredded coconut — To garnish
How to Use Gelatin
This recipe calls for unflavored gelatin packets.
However, gelatin can also be purchased in a jar or container. This recipe calls for 1 packet which equates to 1 tablespoon of unflavored gelatin.
How to Make Mango Jello Bites
Step 1 — In a shallow container, pour out 2/3rds of the mango nectar can.
Step 2 — Sprinkle the unflavored gelatin on top. Let sit for a minute.
Step 3 — Meanwhile, pour the remaining mango nectar into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil.
Step 4– Add the boiled mango nectar juice to the cold mango nectar juice. Whisk, making sure all the powder is dissolved.
Step 5 — Refrigerate the mixture for about 4 hours or until the jello is solid. Overnight is best.
Step 6 — Cut into little cubes.
Step 7 — Top with shredded coconut.
How to Chill Jello Faster
When serving jello, you’ll want your jello to be solid. It takes about four hours of chill time in the refrigerator to achieve this state. Overnight is best.
However, you can get jello to set faster by chilling the container before you pour in your mixture.
You can also stir the gelatin mixture constantly in a metal bowl over an ice bath until it begins to set.
More Easy Mango Recipes
These mango jelly bites are perfect for a hot summer day. They’re light, refreshing, and easy to make. If you’re looking for a delicious dessert that will cool you off, this is the recipe for you!
Mango is one of our favorite tropical fruits. For more mango recipes, here are some from our archives —
- Mango & pineapple white chocolate macaroons
- Cilantro & mango coconut sorbet
- Mango coconut pudding
- Orange mango daiquiri cocktail
- Fruit freak-shakes
- Dotted Thai fruit cocktail
- Blueberry mango mint-infused water
Mango Jello Bites Recipe
- Shallow container
- Small sauce pan
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin 1 pack
- 11.3 oz mango nectar 1 can
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- In a shallow container, pour out 2/3rds of the mango nectar.
- Sprinkle the unflavored gelatin on top. Let sit for a minute.
- Meanwhile, bring the rest of the mango nectar to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add the boiled juice to the cold juice and whisk, making sure all the powder is dissolved.
- Refrigerate for about 4 hours, or until the jello is solid.
- Cut into little cubes.
- Top with shredded coconut.