Strawberry Galette — A simple and refreshing Strawberry Basil Galette recipe, or as I like to say, fruit pizza!
Happy March everyone!
We finally got some rain on our parched lands here in California. And in just a blink of an eye, it’s almost St. Patrick’s Day. How are you celebrating this year?
In the spirit of the holiday, I, Nanette was inspired to create a dish that reminded me of the beginning of spring. Nothing like seeing the unearthed green after a long cold winter.
Which brought me to this Strawberry Basil Galette. It’s bursting with spring flavors and splashed with green.
What Is A Galette?
Pies and galettes are very similar, especially their ingredients.
A pie is a sweet or savory baked good with a crust and filling.
Whereas a galette is around pastry wrapped in dough with a fruit filling. This recipe calls for strawberries, but you could fill a galette with any fruit like oranges as we did with our Citrus Galette.
Galettes are flat with a free forming crust. And because they don’t have to look perfect, they don’t require a lot of baking skills.
Ingredients Needed To Make A Strawberry Basil Galette
1 1/2 cup strawberries — Sliced
Frozen pie crust — To save time, we used a store bought crust. You can easily make your own with simple ingredients. Our Citrus Galette recipe shows you how.
2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoonall purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
How To Make A Strawberry Basil Galette
Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
Toss the strawberries, basil, flour, sugar, and lime juice together.
Spray a large piece of parchment paper with cooking oil.
Roll out the pie crust so it lays flat on the parchment paper.
Assemble the strawberries in a single layer, leaving a 1 inch border around the edges.
Fold in the edges, pinching it in to keep the folds together.
Beat the egg with an equal amount of water
Brush it over the edges of the galette.
Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the edges are brown.
More Strawberry Recipes To Try
- Keto Strawberry Cheesecake
- Strawberry Pistachio Crumble
- 3 Ingredient Strawberry Ice Cream Bon Bons
- Strawberry Almond Crepes
Strawberry Basil Galette Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the strawberries, basil, flour, sugar, and lime juice together.
- With cooking oil, spray a large piece of parchment paper on top of a baking sheet.
- Roll out the pie crust so it lays flat on the parchment paper.
- Assemble the strawberry mixture in a single layer over the flay pie crust, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Fold in the edges, pinching it in to keep the folds together to form your crust.
- Beat the egg with an equal amount of water. Brush the egg mixture over the edges of the galette.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the edges are brown.
Don’t forget to share your Strawberry Basil Galette with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! Looking for more quick and delicious recipes? Find them all right here with a few drinks to go along with them.