Happy March everyone! We finally got some rain on our parched lands here in California, and in just a blink of an eye, it’s almost St. Patrick’s Day. How are you celebrating this year?
In the spirit of the holiday, I was inspired to create a dish that reminded me of the beginning of spring. Nothing like seeing the unearthed green after a long, cold winter. Which brought me to this Strawberry Basil Galette– it’s bursting with spring flavors and splashed with green.
- 1.5 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 egg
- Start off by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toss the strawberries, basil, flour, sugar, and lime juice together.
- Spray a large piece of parchment paper with cooking oil.
- Roll out the pie crust so it lays flat on the parchment paper.
- Assemble the strawberries in a single layer, leaving a 1 inch border around the edges.
- Fold in the edges, pinching it in to keep the folds together.
- Beat the egg with an equal amount of water
- Brush it over the edges of the galette.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until the edges are brown.