Transform your kitchen into a flavor haven with our garlic parmesan fries recipe, featuring crispy hand-cut fries, a dash of savory Parmesan, and a bonus Ombre DIY Fry Stand tutorial for a touch of culinary creativity!
Are you a fan of French fries? If so, get ready to take your fry game to the next level with an incredible twist on this classic snack. Say hello to garlic parmesan french fries!
These mouthwatering oven baked fries are coated in a heavenly blend of fragrant garlic and savory parmesan cheese, creating a flavor combination that is simply irresistible.
And if you’re feeling adventurous, we’ve got something special for you—an ombre DIY fry stand that will not only elevate the presentation of your fries but also add an element of fun and creativity to your gathering. They’re perfect for a tailgate party, BBQ party or birthday party. Basically, any party because who doesn’t love fries?
So get ready to dive into this delectable world of garlic-parmesan goodness while showcasing your artistic side!
Garlic Parmesan Fries Ingredients
- Potatoes: We recommend high starch potatoes like Russet potatoes (also referred to as Idaho potatoes). They’re denser so they retain less moisture, which is key to avoiding a soggy french fry.
- Garlic salt
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese: Our parmesan garlic fries recipe calls for 1/3 cup of cheese, but you can use more to your liking.
- Parsley: Optional garnish
- Coconut oil spray: Most french fries recipes call for olive oil and.or butter. We went with a slightly healthier but still equally delicious route.
How to Make Garlic Fries
1 — Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2 — Wash and peel the potatoes, then cut them into evenly-sized fries.
3 — In a large bowl with a healthy amount of coconut oil spray, toss the fries until they are well-coated. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder (or seasoned to taste).
4 — Spread the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet,
5 — Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the fries are golden brown and crispy, flipping them halfway through for even crispness.
6 — Once the fries are cooked, transfer them to a bowl, and immediately sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over them while they’re still hot. Toss the fries gently to coat them in the Parmesan cheese.
Recipe Notes & Tips
- Even slicing: Uniformly cut your potatoes to ensure even cooking. Aim for about 1/4 inch thick slices to achieve a perfect balance between crispiness and tenderness.
- Pre-soak for crispiness: Soak the sliced potatoes in cold water for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight. This helps remove excess starch, resulting in crispier fries.
- Thorough drying: Pat the soaked potatoes completely dry before tossing them in olive oil. This step is crucial to achieve crispy fries, as excess moisture can hinder the crispiness.
- Garnish with fresh herbs: Elevate your fries by adding a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley or chives before serving. The vibrant colors and flavors add a delightful touch.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment and swap out ingredients: Try making oven baked sweet potatoes fries. Or even adding chili for some chili cheese fries.
- To make air fryer french fries: Follow the same steps, except cook fries at 400°F (200°C) and hold off on adding in the Parmesan cheese until the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
Ombre DIY Fry Stand
To give the stands a little pizzazz, we spray painted these metal wire fry stands gold. Then, we painted to an ombre design on plain paper cones in fun colors with non-toxic craft paint. This is such a creative and easy way to serve fries.
More Easy Appetizer Ideas
Parmesan Garlic French Fries Recipe
- Potato peeler
- Large mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- 3 large potato
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Coconut oil spray or olive oil
- Chopped parsley optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Wash and peel the potatoes, then cut them into evenly-sized fries.
- In a large bowl with a healthy amount of coconut oil spray, toss the fries with until they are well-coated. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder (or seasoned to taste).
- Spread the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet,
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the fries are golden brown and crispy, flipping them halfway through for even crispness.
- Once the fries are cooked, transfer them to a bowl, and immediately sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over them while they're still hot. Toss the fries gently to coat them in the Parmesan cheese.
Who says desserts are for kids? Enter the world of alcoholic desserts, where sugar and…
Indulge in the ultimate thirst-quencher, a Spiked Arnold Palmer cocktail that combines the best of…
Beat the heat with our easy-to-make alcoholic freeze pops recipe, a delicious cocktail spin on…
Welcome to our ultimate guide on how to throw the perfect BBQ party! We’ll cover…