Edible Flower Lemon Jello Shots — Nothing serves up a shot glass size of spring quite like this super easy to make lemon jello shots recipe, don’t you think?!
To be totally honest with you, I just had my first ever jello shot recently. Hence, the inspiration for these Edible Flower Lemon Jello Shots recipe.
Despite being new to the world of jello shots, I do love me some jello for the sake of how simple it is to make and how low-calorie a homemade version can be.
Plus, I’ve been around long enough to know there is a need for a much prettier (or classier) version of the aforementioned jello shots!
Technically, this Edible Flower Lemon Jello Shot is just served in miniature shot glass portions. But you can make them with or without the booze.
They’re just as cute (and tasty) whether you make them as a cocktail or mocktail.
Top them with a sprinkle of edible flowers and it’s like your own mini dose of spring all year long…
Ingredients Needed To Make Easy Lemon Jello Shots
- Gelatin packets
- Large freshly squeezed lemons
- Sugar — Use stevia for a low calorie version.
- Edible flowers — For garnishing. You can easily purchase them online and they have a tasteless flavor.
How to Make Easy Lemon Jello Shots
1 — Heat the gelatin, water, lemon juice, and sugar over the stove as you traditionally would for about 5-10 minutes or until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
2 — Remove from heat and add in the liquor at the very end or it will evaporate.
3 — Pour the mixture into individual shot glasses.
4 — Add a few edible flower petals to each glass just before placing into the refrigerator.
5– Let it set overnight or for a minimum of 6 hours. Then, serve!
How To Make A Mocktail Version
For a non-alcoholic version of this lemon jello shot recipe, skip the Vodka and Cointreau and replace with the equivalent amount of water.
So you would use a total of 4 1/2 cups of water.
Other Ways To Serve Edible Flower Lemon Jello Shots
Instead of using shot glasses, you can serve the Edible Flower Lemon Jello in parfait dishes for guest to eat with a spoon.
You can also use a traditional 8″x8″ pan. Right before serving, cut the lemon jello into mini square bites to serve.
More Jello Recipes To Try
What do you think? Wouldn’t these be super cute for a wedding or special occasion? They’re almost too cute to eat!
Here are more of our favorite jello recipes from the archives —
Edible Flower Lemon Jello Shots
Edible Flower Lemon Jello Shots Recipe
- Medium saucepan
- Shot glasses
- 4 envelope gelatin packet 1 ounce total
- 4 large freshly squeezed lemons
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar or Stevia for a low calorie version
- 1 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/2 cup Cointreau
- Edible flowers for garnishing
- You can skip the shot glass version and opt for a parfait dish or use a traditional 8"×8 pan and then cut into mini square bites to serve.
- To make a non-alcoholic version, skip the alcohol and replace with the equivalent amount of water.
- Heat the gelatin, water, lemon juice, and sugar over the stove as you traditionally would for about 5-10 minutes or until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Add in the liquor only at the very end or it will evaporate.
- Pour the mixture into individual shot glasses
- Add a few edible flower petals to each glass just before placing into the refrigerator.
- Let it set overnight or for a minimum of 6 hours. And then serve!