This Strawberry Hennessy recipe is fruity and deliciously tangy with a Hennessy cognac base for oak and vanilla notes that is topped off with refreshing bubbles.
If there’s a fruit that personifies spring, it’s definitely strawberries.
And when you combine strawberry and lime juice with triple sec, it’s the perfect flavor combo.
Pair them with Hennessy Cognac base, and top it up with some bubbles for a gorgeous tropical Hennessy drink!
Fruity, sweet, citrusy, and with the very distinct oak notes of Hennessy Cognac, this cocktail is love at first sip!
What is Hennessy Cognac?
Hennessy cognac is typically associated with a high price tag. Though it can be expensive, there are also many reasonably priced options too.
Hennessy is a French cognac distiller with roots dating back to 1765. However, the original owner was not French, but Irish!
Later on, Hennessy (the top cognac brand) and Moët et Chandon (the top champagne producer) merged with Lois Vuitton.
Hennessy cognac boasts a light golden color, aroma notes of vanilla and oak, and an intensified floral finish.
You can use it to mix up another tropical Hennessy drink recipe, the Cranberry Sidecar.
Can You Make This Cocktail With Other Cognac Or Brandy Brands?
Yes, technically, you can.
But just make sure to choose one with the VS (Very Special) that has been aged for at least 2 years.
We do highly recommend trying Hennessy V.S first if you want to make a switch for the sake of affordability.
What Ingredients are Needed to Make a Strawberry Hennessy?
1 ounce Hennessy
2 ounce strawberry puree — Fresh if possible, but frozen is okay.
1/2 ounce triple sec
1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
Club soda — Enough to top up your glass.
Lime wheel and a whole strawberry — For garnish
How to Make a Strawberry Hennessy
1 — Wash the strawberries and cut them into chunks. Depending on how big they are, you might need fewer or more strawberries. We used 4 per 1 glass.
2 — Place the diced strawberries in the cocktail shaker and muddle them into fine purée. You can also do so in a blender.
3 — In the cocktail shaker with a couple of ice cubes, pour in the lime juice, Hennessy, and triple sec with the strawberry puree.
4. — Close the shaker and shake for 1 minute or until chilled.
5 — In a tall glass, add 3/4 parts of crushed ice and strain the cocktail into it.
7 — Sit a cocktail pick garnished with a lime wheel and strawberry on top of the glass rim.
8 — Top up with club soda, mix and enjoy your Strawberry Hennessy drink.
Recipe Notes and Tips
— This cocktail is best made with fresh lime juice and fresh strawberries. But if you are craving it outside of the strawberry season, frozen strawberries will do.
— If you love garnishes, add more strawberries and thinly sliced lime wheels inside the glass with a branch of fresh mint.
For more tasty cocktail recipes, here are a few we like —
- Italian Martini Spritz Cocktail Recipe
- Cream Polka Dot Martini Recipe
- Apple Brandy Cocktail Recipe
- Easy Apple Cider Cocktail Recipe
Strawberry Hennessy Recipe
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail strainer plus a fine mesh strainer
- Knife and a cutting board
- Cocktail muddler or a blender if you prefer a smoother texture
- High ball or Tom Collins glass or any tall glass
- Cocktail pick for the garnish
- 1 oz Hennessy
- 2 oz strawberry puree fresh if possible, but frozen is ok
- 1/2 oz triple sec
- 1/2 oz lime juice freshly squeezed
- Club soda to top up your glass
- Crushed ice
- Lime wheel for garnish
- Strawberry slices for garnish
- Wash the strawberries and cut them into chunks. Depending on how big they are, you might need fewer or more strawberries. We used 4 per 1 glass.
- Place the diced strawberries in the cocktail shaker and muddle them into fine purée. You can also do so in a blender.
- In the cocktail shaker with a couple of ice cubes, pour in the lime juice, Hennessy, and triple sec with the strawberry puree.
- Close the shaker and shake for 1 minute or until chilled.
- In a tall glass, add 3/4 parts of crushed ice and strain the cocktail into it.
- Sit a cocktail pick garnished with a lime wheel and strawberry on top of the glass rim.
- Top the glass with club soda, mix and enjoy.
Don’t forget to share your Strawberry Hennessy with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! Looking for more quick and delicious recipes? You can find them all right here with a few desserts to go along with them.