A Bacardi rum punch cocktail made with a creamy mango base, pineapple juice, coconut water, and dash of lime citrus freshness for the tastiest tropical drink.
We love a good fruity and tropical cocktail here at Sugar & Cloth, and rum punches are a delicious and very customizable opportunity for a tasty alcoholic beverage.
Rum punch recipes call for a base of rum and a mix of fruit juices. And in this particular recipe, Bacardi Rum and fresh mango puree are the stars of this cocktail.
What Is A Bacardi Rum Punch?
Rum punches are one of the oldest cocktails ever invented, with origins coming from the 17th century.
There are many different variations and flavor combos for this type of cocktail.
For more about the origins of this cocktail (alongside another delicious version of it), check out our classic rum punch made with golden Captain Morgan rum.
Rum of Choice for This Cocktail | Bacardi Rum
Bacardi is a family owned and operated Caribbean distiller, originating in Cuba. Bacardi produces many different types of Rum from white, to golden, to dark and more aged types.
This recipe features Bacardi “Carta Blanca” Rum, a white rum with a very neutral taste.
It’s light and aromatic with delicate floral and fruity notes which allows the the flavors of the added fruits to really set and bloom without overpowering one another.
In this Bacardi Rum punch recipe, we share with you how to make a single cocktail (and also, how to make it in a big batch) to transport you to a tropical destination with every sip.
What Ingredients Are Needed To Make A Bacardi Rum Punch?
Bacardi Rum “White Label” — The alcohol base for this cocktail.
Fresh mango puree — The ripper the mango, the better. If needed, substitute with frozen mango.
Pineapple juice — One of the main tropical flavors. Use homemade pineapple juice for the best result. Substitute with bottled pineapple juice.
Fresh lime juice — Use only freshly squeezed lime juice to really get the citrus freshness and aroma that’s needed in this cocktail.
Coconut water — For a salty coconut flavor kick. Opt for the water from coconut or bottled coconut water.
Angostura bitters — An essential in cocktail making. It’s a concentrated bitter mix made of herbs and spices that has a bright orange color. Do not worry if you don’t have it, but investing in a bottle of Angostura is a good thing to have in your cocktail cabinet. You are going to use only a few drops per cocktail like with a Coffee Old Fashioned so it will last you ages.
Optional: Coconut flavored rum — Add a splash of a coconut flavored rum like Malibu to amp the coconut taste.
Garnish: Lime wheel, triangle of coconut flesh (only the white part), and a few pineapple leaves
Crushed ice — Opt for mid-size crushed ice. Small ice cubes eventually water down the cocktail too quickly.
Useful Tools To Make the Bacardi Rum Punch
Cocktail shaker — To mix and chill the ingredients by shaking them with ice.
Jigger — To measure the pour of each liquid ingredient.
Juicer — For the fresh lime juice.
Knife and cutting board — To cut the fruits and garnishes.
Big balloon glasses — Almost any glass for a rum punch works. Just make sure to use one big enough to hold plenty of ice. Hurricane glasses or Tom Collins glasses or other optional tall glasses.
More Tropical Cocktail Recipes to Try
For more fruit flavor drinks, check out our other easy tropical cocktails from the archives —
- Midori Sour Recipe: A vibrant green melon flavored cocktail you are going to love.
- Malibu Bay Breeze Recipe: Transport your taste buds to a tropical island destination.
- Martini Fiero Recipe : An Italian apéritif drink with a unique blend of white wine, citrus fruits, floral and bittersweet zesty orange notes.
- Watermelon Papaya Rum Smoothie: A healthy and refreshing frozen boozy smoothie.
Easy Bacardi Rum Punch Recipe
- Cocktail shaker
- Cutting board
- Big balloon glass
For a single cocktail:
- 3 oz Bacardi White Label Rum
- 3 oz fresh mango puree
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz coconut water
- 1 oz coconut flavored rum optional
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 splash Angostura bitters
- Crushed ice in medium chunks
- Lime wheel,·coconut flesh (the white part) triangle and pineapple leaves to garnish
For a punch:
- 3 cup Bacardi White Label Rum
- 2 cup fresh mango puree
- 2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1/2 cup coconut flavored rum optional
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp Angostura bitters
For a single cocktail:
- Peel and cut the mango and blend it into a smooth puree. Set aside.
- Juice the lime and set it aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, add a couple of ice cubes, rum (or rums if you use the coconut flavored rum alongside the Bacardi), pineapple juice, mango puree, lime juice, and a couple dashes of Angostura bitter.
- Close the cocktail shaker and shake for a minute or so or until the cocktail shaker has cooled down.
- Fill a balloon glass or the glass of your choice with ice until 3/4 of the glass.
- Pour the cocktail on top of the ice.
- Garnish the glass with a lime wheel,·coconut flesh (the white part) triangle and pineapple leaves. Put the wheel of lime and coconut triangle sitting at the brim of the glass and put the leaves inside the glass.
For the punch:
- In a large bowl, add the Bacardi, coconut rum (optional), mango puree, pineapple juice, coconut water, lime juice, and Angostura bitters. Mix well.
- Let it chill in the fridge for a couple of hours without any ice.
- Prepare each glass with ice and top up right after drinking it.
- You can add slices of lime to garnish the punch.
Don’t forget to share your Bacardi rum punch cocktail with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! Looking for more quick and delicious recipes you can find them all right here with a few bites to go along with them!