These fun DIY Santa Footprints are an easy and quick last-minute Christmas project just for the kids at heart.
Not that we’re into deceiving a nation of kids or anything, but we figured if we’re going to convince them that Santa is real, then we might as well go big or go home.
Alas, these DIY Santa Footprints will surely freak out your kids about the idea of the North Pole (especially if you’re in climates where no snow is in sight).
The good news is, eventually, they’ll realize that we’re not terrible people after all. And secondly, you can make these footprints in approximately 15 minutes, give or take your perfectionist tendencies…
Materials and Tools Needed to Make DIY Santa Footprints
How to Make DIY Santa Footprints
1 – Sketch a heel print onto the foam board. You can do this by hand or trace a shoe if that’s easier for you.
2 — Use an Exacto knife or scissors to cut out each shape
3 — To give the footprints an even more realistic look, use fake snow on top of each piece of foam board before placing them in front of the tree.
Do this several hours before placing them on the ground so that it can dry a bit before little ones are around.
Before the kids wake up (or just before going to sleep, just in case of peeking), place them out in front of the tree or coming from the fireplace for a quick giggle from the kids in the morning.
You can also place out some DIY Santa Hat Drink Stirrers, which is another quick and fun project.
More Christmas Decor Ideas
For another quick Christmas morning idea, use inexpensive animal figures, like this goat from Ikea, and a little twine or yarn to make mini-present messengers too!
For more easy DIY Christmas decor ideas and fun family holiday traditions, check out a few of our favorite projects from the archives below —
- Kids Advent Calendar: Colorful Houses DIY Advent Calendar
- Outdoor Christmas Decorations: DIY Wood Lights Christmas Garland
- Christmas Pajamas: 21 Of The Best Matching Family Pajamas
- Easy Christmas Scavenger Hunt Game
DIY Santa Footprints
- Use a pencil to quickly sketch a heel print onto the foam board. You can do this by hand or trace a shoe if that’s easier for you.
- To give the footprints an even more realistic look, use fake snow on top of each piece of foam board before placing them in front of the tree. Do this several hours before placing them on the ground so that it can dry a bit before little ones are around.
Don’t forget to share your DIY Santa Footprints with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! Looking for more interior design inspiration? You can find all of our home decor tutorials and ideas right here!