A sweet and creamy fruit filled Mango Coconut Pudding recipe, perfect for summer to fall. This recipe is bound to impress your guests!
Ok. I mayyyy have a bit of an obsession with fruit and coconut. I don’t know what it is. But creamy smooth coconut combined with the juicy bright flavor of fruit is pretty much a winning combination.
I, Nanette recently went to a Thai restaurant where I had the classic mango sticky rice dessert, which inspired me to remix it into light mango coconut pudding where tropical mango is paired with a delicate vanilla-infused coconut.
It’s the perfect dessert for sitting out on the patio on those hot summer nights!
Ingredients Needed To Make Mango Coconut Pudding
2 medium mangos
1 can coconut milk — Make sure it’s milk and not water and full fat.
1 vanilla bean
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tsp gelatin powder
How to Make Mango Coconut Pudding
1 — Split the vanilla bean in half length wise and scrape out the insides.
2 — Combine with the coconut in a small saucepan and gently heat on medium heat.
3 — Occasionally stir but don’t let it boil.
4 — Once it’s warm, remove from heat and let the vanilla steep, ideally up to an hour.
5 — While it’s steeping, cut the mango up into small bite size pieces.
6 — After the vanilla is done, steep and add in the sugar and whisk.
7 — Gently sprinkle the gelatin powder over the milk mixture and let it sit for about a minute.
8 — Gently warm the coconut milk again for a few minutes, stirring until the sugar and gelatin powder is dissolved.
9 — Once it’s dissolved, pour the coconut milk into heat-proof jars or ramekins.
10 — And refrigerate until it’s solid, about 3 hours.
11 — Top off with chopped mango and enjoy!
More Easy Mango & Coconut Recipes
Mangos and coconuts are the staple summer fruits. For more mango and coconut flavored recipes, here are some from our archives —
- Mango & pineapple white chocolate macaroons
- Cilantro & mango coconut sorbet
- Mango jello bites
- Orange mango daiquiri cocktail
- Fruit freak-shakes
- Dotted Thai fruit cocktail
- Blueberry mango mint infused water
- Lucky coconut mint chocolate chip cocktail
- Dark chocolate coconut macaroons
- No churn creamy pineapple coconut ice cream
- Coconut & strawberry frozen daiquiri
- Boozy coconut freeze pops
Mango Coconut Pudding Recipe
- Small sauce pan
- Heat proof jars or ramekins
- 2 medium mango
- 1 can coconut milk Make sure it’s full fat coconut milk and not coconut water.
- 1 vanilla bean
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp gelatin powder
- Split the vanilla bean in half length wise and scrape out the insides.
- Combine the vanilla with the coconut milk in a small saucepan and gently heat on medium heat.
- Occasionally stir, but don’t let it reach a boil.
- Once the vanilla mixture is warm, remove from heat. Let the vanilla mixture steep, ideally up to an hour.
- While it’s steeping, cut the mango up into small bite size pieces.
- After the vanilla is done, steep and add in the sugar and whisk.
- Gently sprinkle the gelatin powder over the milk mixture and let it sit for about a minute.
- Gently warm the coconut milk again for a few minutes, stirring until the sugar and gelatin powder is dissolved.
- Once it’s dissolved, pour the coconut milk into heat-proof jars or ramekins.
- Refrigerate until it’s solid, about 3 hours.
- Top off with chopped mango and enjoy!
Don’t forget to share your Mango Coconut Pudding with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! And if you’re looking for more quick and delicious recipes you can find them all right here with a few cocktails to go along with them!