When I was little there were two desserts I would always beg my Mom for in the summertime, ice cream and grasshopper pie. Not sure what my Mom was thinking indulging me in my grasshopper pie obsession (because, uh, creme de menthe). But regardless, I, Alyssa, couldn’t get enough of that green colored mint and chocolate pie.
All these years later and I’ve finally wised up to the genius idea of combining my two favorite summertime desserts into one. Which is what inspired this No-Churn Grasshopper Pie Ice Cream.
I mean, why choose between two desserts when you can have both? At least, that’s my philosophy anyways, haha!…
Grasshopper pie is notorious for how simple it is to put together. But believe it or not, this recipe is even easier to make. A little whipped cream, creme de menthe and creme de cacao, crumbled cookies and marshmallow fluff and you’re set.
Whether you like it boozy or a little more kid friendly, this No-Churn Grasshopper Pie Ice Cream is sure to be a hit!
That’s all there is to it! This frozen treat is so good that you’d swear it’s actually grasshopper pie. Now if only I had thought to combine my two favorite desserts sooner…
If you love this frozen boozy dessert then you’ll love to whip up this Boozy Mudslide Icebox Cake. Why pick between a cocktail or dessert when you can have both, am I right?!
No Churn Grasshopper Pie Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 floz can condensed milk
- 3 tbsp creme de cocoa
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- 14 chocolate sandwich cookies, broken into pieces
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip the cream, on medium speed, until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, stir together the condensed milk with the creme de menthe and creme de cocoa until well combined. Mix in the cookie pieces, reserving a few for the top. Gently fold in the whipped cream, until mostly incorporated and then spread the mixture evenly in an 8” x 8” freezer-safe baking pan.
- Lastly, spoon the marshmallow fluff in large dollops across the top of the cream mixture. Use a knife or spoon to gently swirl it into the rest of the mixture. Top with a few additional cookie pieces (Because you can never have enough right?!), cover with plastic wrap and pop into the freezer for at least 5 hours, but preferably overnight
- Serve as is, or feel free to top the ice cream with extra cookie pieces, chocolate sprinkles or chocolate chips, a little fresh mint or even some whipped cream and hot fudge sauce.
- Side note: If you’d prefer to make this without alcohol, simply skip the creme de cocoa, replace the creme de menthe with a few drops of peppermint extract (peppermint extract is very strong so add it according to your taste preferences but I recommend 1-1 ½ teaspoons) and, if you still want your ice cream to have the green color, don’t forget a few drops of green food coloring
She adores the beach, has an unhealthy obsession with striped shirts, loves a good margarita and has a fierce sweet tooth. When she’s not working, she can usually be found planning her next meal, her next outfit or her next getaway.