No-Churn Ice Cream — Why stop at ice cream when you can also have Marbled Creme de Menthe Ice Cream Shots?! See the recipe for these mini milkshake shots below…
I know, I know, there’ve been quite a few spiked ice cream things floating around the blog lately and I pinky swear to cut it out…right after these marble Creme de Menthe ice cream shots.
I mean, when a rainbow straw recipe that’s fit for a tiny leprechaun hits you, you roll with it am I right?!
No but seriously, I’m always a big fan of ice cream shots and teaming up with a few of my favorite bloggers for a St. Patrick’s Day cocktail recipe swap seemed like the perfect occasion.
So while there’s not exactly a pot of gold at the end of this colorful straw rainbow, there is a no-churn creme de menthe ice cream recipe to go along with these shots, plus eight other perfectly golden recipes from our blogger friends…
What is Creme De Menthe?
Creme de menthe is a clear and colorless liqueur that has a strong flavor of peppermint. It’s flavored by distilling oil from mint leaves and mixing it with alcohol.
It tastes like you’ve stuffed your mouth full of fresh, cool, sweet peppermints! The taste is cool and refreshing; therefore, perfect as a sweet treat on a hot summer day.
Creme de menthe is typically drunk as shots, mixed with other drinks or added to ice cream and desserts. It’s also used in some savory foods too! In the UK, creme de menthe is sometimes used as a base for a sauce called mint sauce. Creme de menthe is perfect on top of ice cream because it makes the dairy taste really creamy.
Serious question, are you all St. Patrick’s Day celebrators or no? If yes, I’m glad I could support the cause, if no, just keep these little shots in mind for when Christmas rolls around again in 9 months and keep your red striped straws handy.
No Churn Ice Cream: Marbled Creme de Menthe Ice Cream Shots
No-Churn Creme de Menthe Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Loaf pan
- 2 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Chocolate shavings or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Creme de Menthe
- Mix sweetened condensed milk and Creme de Menthe in a mixer until combined.
- Pour in the heavy whipping cream and mix on medium until soft peaks form within the mixture, then add in the chocolate shavings until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a freezer safe container with a lid, and freeze for 8 hours.
Marble Creme de Menthe Ice Cream Shots
- Shot glasses
- 2 oz Creme de Menthe ice cream
- 1 dash Creme de Menthe
- Pour a splash of Creme de Menthe into an empty shot glass.
- Spoon about 1 ounce of the homemade Creme de Menthe ice cream over the liquor in the shot glass, and serve immediately.
Now for sharing the wealth from my other blogger friends for our #partybloggerbash recipe swap!…