Simplify your life and get ready for the holidays with this simple pumpkin punch recipe! This seasonal drink is so easy to make, perfect for Thanksgiving and winter holiday parties!
Everyone loves an easy punch bowl cocktail and this spiced pumpkin punch is a crowd favorite every year! You can make it for Halloween or Thanksgiving and it’s easy to prep in advance in no time!
It’s that time of year for holiday punch! Anything that can be made into a batch cocktail recipe is a personal favorite of mine.
Punch is great because it’s super convenient to be able to make in advance and it’s ready to serve for when guests arrive. Not to mention having a pumpkin punch bowl makes it as cute as it is tasty!
You can either make a mocktail or cocktail version depending on the crowd, and it will easily be a party favorite either way. Or both! That way there’s something for everyone.
This particular pumpkin punch recipe has a light and refreshing taste that you can make as spiced or as sweet as you’d like…
Ingredients for an Easy Thanksgiving Punch Recipe
When it comes to Thanksgiving drinks, it’s all about the flavors of fall!
Our pumpkin punch recipe is made with a canned pumpkin puree, apple cider, ginger ale, orange juice, cinnamon sticks, and citrus slices.
But if you’re looking for a fruity punch that’s sweet and sour with a fruity flavor, you can try this Instagram-worthy Classic Rum Punch Cocktail.
While there are plenty of ways to customize your Thanksgiving punch, these are the most common substitutes —
- using pomegranate juice for a tart version of this punch recipe
- adding apple slices for a fall feel
- serve your pumpkin punch with whipped cream on top like pumpkin pie
- add a splash of lemon juice to cut back on the sweetness
How to Make a Thanksgiving Pumpkin Punch Recipe
The beautiful thing about punch recipes is that they’re literally as easy as combining all of the ingredients together. You can serve them from your favorite punch bowl, or in this case, a pumpkin drink dispenser.
This particular Thanksgiving punch is meant to be served chilled. You can combine all of the ingredients together and store them in the refrigerator for a few hours prior to your guest’s arriving.
One important thing to note is that the ginger ale will lose some of its carbonation if you make it too far in advance.
Be sure to add your ginger ale or sparkling substitutes just before serving so you have optimal bubbles for guests!
How To Garnish A Thanksgiving Punch
The only thing better than a really great Thanksgiving cocktail is getting to garnish them! This is where you can really have a lot of fun.
We kept ours simple with slices of lemon and oranges along with half of a cinnamon stick. I love the idea of adding a mini candy pumpkin to the rim of the glass though! Especially if you’re making a mocktail version for the kiddos to have something fun to sip on.
If you want a sweeter dessert cocktail, you can serve it with a dollop of whipped cream on top and a dash of cinnamon or cloves for a little spice.
Be sure to let us know if you make a rendition of this pumpkin punch that you absolutely love! It’s fun getting ideas of how others served theirs, garnished them, or added a playful twist.
And in case you’re looking for some other holiday inspiration to go along with this Thanksgiving punch, here are a few favorites —
- Mulled spiced wine recipe
- A spiced pumpkin punch recipe
- Serve them alongside sophisticated DIY sequin pumpkin decor
- Thanksgiving table decor inspiration
- Pumpkin blondies recipe for your after-dinner snack
Easy Thanksgiving Punch Recipe
Easy Thanksgiving Punch Recipe
- Large punch bowl
- 8 cups apple cider
- 1 cups orange juice
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 2 cups spiced rum replace with 1/2 orange juice and 1/2 ginger ale if making a mocktail version
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- Cinnamon sticks, orange slices and lemon slices for garnishing
- Combining all of the ingredients together in a bowl and stir.
- Store in the refrigerator for a few hours prior to your guests arriving since this drink is made to be served chill.
If making a mocktail:
- Ginger ale will lose some of its carbonation if you make it too far in advance. Be sure to add that ingredient just before serving so you have optimal bubbles for guests!
Don’t forget to share your Pumpking Punch with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! Looking for more quick and delicious recipes? You can find them all right here with a few desserts to go along with them.