Sharing our family air fryer turkey recipe for a quick and easy Thanksgiving turkey tradition!
My father in law is sharing his family famous air fryer turkey recipe for a quick and easy Thanksgiving turkey tradition!
You may also know this recipe by using an “oil-less” turkey fryer.
But either way, it’s the best easy Thanksgiving turkey recipe out there!
I’ll be honest, the idea of being responsible for an entire Thanksgiving dinner is a bit intimidating to me!
You get so accustomed to those perfect family recipes that it’s hard to imagine it any other way.
So thankfully my father in law is sharing his famous air fryer turkey recipe with us!
Not only is it super fast and VERY easy, but it’s also a healthy option for the table, too.
Ya gotta love Pops!
He was a trooper for letting me drag on this styled tablescape longer than it actually took for us to cook our turkey!
We had just renovated our patio so I really wanted to make use of it.
It’s a double bonus that this turkey recipe has a super quick cooking time in comparison to a roast turkey.
The prep work only takes 20 minutes or less.
So that leaves you plenty of time for setting a dreamy tablescape while you have the breast in the air fryer.
Ingredients and Tools Needed for Making a Juicy Air Fryer Turkey
There are three key things you’ll need for making the perfect juicy and tender air fryer turkey recipe — an extra-large air fryer or oil-less propane fryer, an instant-read thermometer, and of course, plenty of seasoning!
Organic whole white turkey — Make sure that your turkey is completely thawed in advance if frozen.
Tony Chachere’s Original Creole Seasoning — If creole seasoning isn’t your thing, you can also go with a tried and true salt and pepper mixture as well.
Olive oil or oil of your choice for pre-seasoning
How to Make an Air Fryer Turkey
1 — Place the unthawed turkey on a clean kitchen surface and use the Tony Chachere’s Injectable Butter Marinade and utensil to inject seasoning into both lobes of the thickest part of the turkey breasts.
Using a small bowl and the applicator that comes with the marinade, you can inject the marinade into any portion of the meat for added flavor.
You can either inject it several hours in advance to let the turkey absorb the flavor, or even right before cooking.
2 — Using your favorite oil, lightly spray the air fryer basket so that the turkey doesn’t stick when trying to remove it.
3 — You’ll also want to rub oil all over the turkey breast so that the powder seasoning will stick easier as well. If you’re not using creole seasoning, you can rub the sides with salt and pepper instead.
4 — Rub the powder creole seasoning along the outside of the turkey for added flavor and crispy skin.
5 — Place the turkey in the fryer on medium heat for approximately three hours, or about 10 minutes per pound of your total turkey weight.
6 — Check the internal temperature of the turkey in several places.
Once the temperature has reached 165 degrees F, the turkey is ready and perfectly air fried!
7 — Remove from the fryer and let it rest for 30 minutes before carving and serving.
Voila! You have the perfect air fryer turkey recipe in no time!
How to Serve A Turkey
If you ask us, there’s no right or wrong way to serve a turkey.
As long as you have good company and good food, that’s all that really matters.
But of course, you know I love a good styling moment, too.
We placed our air fryer turkey on a bed of greens surrounded by berries and citrus.
It makes for a great pop of color and also happens to be an added side item for your family meal too.
Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas
We love the idea of table settings with multiple purposes, especailly ones that you can consume.
I also used beef snack jerky sticks for making mini cheese platters at each setting.
I combined grapes, cheese wedges, beef snack sticks, seasoning, and a place card for a custom touch for each person.
Add a velvet ribbon to the handle for added glam factor too.
It’s the perfect touch to your Thanksgiving table while you get ready to serve your air fryer turkey.
You can also check out our roundup of our favorite DIY Thanksgiving table decoration ideas.
Recipe Ideas that Pair Well
If you’re looking for more side dishes, desserts, or cocktails to serve with your air fryer turkey, you can see more of our favorites here —
- Easy Pumpkin Punch
- Classic Snickerdoodle
- The perfect zero carb bread recipe for saving calories on a holiday
- Keto Cheesecake for a healthy dessert
- A fall apple cider drink that can be a cocktail or mocktail
- Add a DIY basket light fixture to your holiday table
- Apple Cobbler
Air Fryer Turkey Recipe (Oil Less Turkey)
- Extra large air fryer or oil less propane fryer
- Meat thermometer
- 1 organic whole white turkey
- 1 jar Tony Chachere's Injectable Butter Marinade
- 1 jar Tony Chachere's creole seasoning
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Make sure that your turkey is completely thawed in advance if frozen.
- Place the whole turkey (or boneless turkey breast) on a clean kitchen surface and use the Tony Chachere's Injectable Butter Marinade and utensil to inject seasoning into both lobes of the turkey breasts. You can inject the marinade into any portion of the meat for added flavor. You can either inject it several hours in advance to let the turkey abosrb the flavor, or even right before cooking.
- Using a spray oil, lightly spray the air fryer basket so that the turkey doesn't stick when trying to remove it. You'll also want to give the outside of the turley a light spray so that the powder seasoning will stick easier as well.
- Rub the powder creole seasoning along the outside of the turkey for added flavor on the skin.
- Place in the fryer on medium heat for approximately 3 hours, or about 10 minutes per pound of your total turkey weight.
- Check the internal temperature of the turkey in several places. Once the temperature has reached 165 degrees F, the turkey is ready!
- Remove from the fryer and let it rest for 30 minutes before carving and serving.