Be that fun mom by wowing your kids these quick and easy nut free lunch ideas like bagel pizzas, SunButter banana “quesadillas” and pancake sandwiches.
There’s an urban legend going around.
Apparently, there’s such a thing as a “fun mom.” They take unexpected trips to the park, zoo, or library.
They bake cookies for their kids in the kitchen, even though they know that it will turn into a big mess.
Wrecking the living room on the regular to build blanket forts? No problem!
Fun moms also turn on the backyard hose to make mud pies.
We all aspire to be that fun mom. But who always has all that time?
I, Rebecca certainty don’t!
You can still be that fun mom by wowing your kids at lunch time with these easy and quick bagel pizzas, SunButter banana “quesadillas” and pancake sandwiches.
They’re all nut free, which makes them lunch-box approved for school or day care!
Throw a few fruits and veggies on the side. Add a Surprise DIY Lunch Notecard.
And you’ve got a complete meal!
Easy Lunch Idea for Kids | Pizza Bagels
Get creative with the toppings!
For the pickier eaters, slip in a veggie or two.
The best part? Kids can enjoy topping their own pizzas!
Just make sure that they don’t snatch and eat all of the cheese before it can go on the pizzas.
That why I always have to keep an eye on my 18-month old.
We used pre-made pizza sauce, but you can easily make your own white pizza sauce if you’re feeling fancy.
Peanut Butter Alternative | SunButter Banana Quesadilla
Banana quesadilla is a great healthy kids lunch recipe,
Nut allergies are serious. Many schools and daycare do not allow nuts on campus. Thankfully, there’s an alternative!
According to my 4-year old taste tester, SunButter tastes just like peanut butter.
He’s got a very discriminating (rather picky) palate too! SunButter is made from roasted sunflower seeds.
It’s also free from the top 8 common food allergen: peanuts, tree nuts, milk, eggs, wheat, fish, shellfish and soy.
Plus, it’s also gluten and sesame free!
Since a standard sandwich is just a little boring, why not put it in a tortilla and throw in some sliced bananas?
We call them Banana Splits at our house.
My kids have no idea that Banana Splits technically require ice cream but that’s okay! They love this recipe already.
Easy Lunch Idea for Kids | Pancake Sandwiches
Pancakes don’t have to be smothered in syrup! Use them to creatively switch up your sandwich game.
Just try to find pre-made pancakes, a pancake mix or a homemade recipe with little to no sugar. This way, lunch doesn’t turn into a dessert.
These pancake sandwiches also get bonus points for having no crust!
Most kids (or at least mine) always request their crusts off.
Homemade Bagel Pizza Recipe
- Baking sheet
- 1 plain bagel (regular sized or mini)
- 3 pepperoni slices
- 1 tbsp bell peppers diced
- 1 tbsp chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp pizza sauce
- Any other toppings to your liking cooked Italian sausage, pineapple chunks, ham, etc
- Open the bagels and place them face up on a baking sheet.
- Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Add any topping you’d like.
- Sprinkle a bit more cheese to help hold the topping on.
- Place under a broiler.
- Let sit until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Then, serve.
SunButter Banana Quesadilla Recipe
- 1 tortilla
- 1 tbsp jam
- 1 tbsp SunButter spread
- 1 banana optional, sliced thin
- Spread the jam on one half of the tortilla.
- Spread the SunButter on the other half.
- Place the banana slices around on the SunButter.
- Fold the tortilla over and cut in half.
Pancake Sandwich Recipe
- 1 pancake medium to large homemade or pre-made
- 2 sliced deli meat ham, turkey, roast beef, etc.
- 1 sliced cheese cheddar, gruyere, etc.
- Condiments mayonnaise, mustard, etc.
- Defrost and prep your pancakes if they are pre-made.
- Prepare with the fillings like a regular sandwich.
Don’t forget to share your healthy nut free lunch ideas with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! And if you’re looking for more quick and delicious recipes you can find them all right here with a few desserts to go along with them!