DIY // Pegboard Headboard

DIY pegboard headboard

Don’t worry I haven’t deemed myself a poet, the title just rhymes by accident, ughm..

Remember my oohing’ and aahing’ over headboards left and right? Well, despite my insisting that I was going to decide on the perfect DIY version to create, I finally broke down and made one that would accommodate my constant indecisiveness (now you can sleep well knowing you won’t wake up to another one of my headboard proclamations). Without further ado, I’d like to introduce to you my pegboard, designed especially for those that have trouble with commitment–

• Pegboard
  • Dry wall screws
  • Clear spacers
  • Pegboard hangers
  • General mounting tools

DIY pegboard headboard

(I used four pegboard squares because we had no way to transport the size we needed in one go..)

1 | Get a general idea of the layout you want, then measure & mark.

2 | Anchor dry-wall screws to the wall, and then place clear spacers between the wall and pegboard before screwing them in place.

3 | Continue with the remaining boards.

4 | Use pegboard accessory hangers to decorate!

sponsored by
ikea sponsored

DIY // Pegboard Headboard

• Pegboard
  • Dry wall screws
  • Clear spacers
  • Pegboard hangers
  • General mounting tools

DIY pegboard headboard

1 | Get a general idea of the layout you want, then measure & mark.

3 | Continue with the remaining boards.

4 | Use pegboard accessory hangers to decorate!

sponsored by
ikea sponsored

Comments

• Maddy

07.03.12

This is just so awesome! I’ve been changing my mind every 5 minutes with anything decore related so this is the perfect solution! Thanks for the tutorial :)

Maddy

• Ashley said:

I know the feeling!

• Mariko

07.03.12

I love it! It’s so practical and affordable, but you can change everything up on a whim. Genius!

• Ashley said:

Thanks, Mariko! Practical and affordable are my middle names… unless it’s shoes ;)

• Alison

07.03.12

OK, this is seriously amazing. :)

• jewel7013

07.03.12

SIMPLY AMAZING…

THIS SHOULD BE ON YOU TUBE, A TOP SELLING MAGAZINE, OR YOUR OWN SHOP, SERIOUSLY… TALENT, TALENT, TALENT

• Ashley said:

If you know of any magazine looking for people, let me know! haha

• Devan

07.15.12

What a great idea. Love it!!!!

• Lindsey

08.10.12

Great post! Loving your b&w striped comforter! Can I ask where it’s from? Thanks!

• Ashley said:

Thanks, Linsdey! The striped throw is from Ikea for like $20 bucks!

• Jill Issleb

08.29.12

How did you get the little vase to stay up there? What kind of hardware did you use?

• Ashley said:

It’s a hanging vase from Ikea, and I’ve listed all of the hardware in the tutorial :)

• serena

10.26.12

sorry to interrupt your poetical moment but headboard and pegboard actually do no rhyme. just sayin. =)

• serena said:

oh and i forgot to say i absolutely LOVE this idea… i’m thinkin of copying it. i found a huge piece of pegboard that my dad says i can have. SCOre

• Your headboard idea is really good – I like the part about changing it up whenever you want to too! I’ve got this linked to my post on DIY headboards as well today1

• Ashley said:

Awesome! Thanks so much, Heather

• Evil Britta

06.24.13

Love this! Is the wire basket pegboard-ready or is it just a separate basket on pegboard accessories?

• Jennifer

03.27.14

This is such a fantastic idea. I’ve been wanting to get pegboards for a while. Where did you purchase the ones in this tutorial?

• Hestia

04.20.15

where did you buy the white peg boards?

• Kate

03.07.16

This is great. My boys share a room and we don’t have enough room for night tables. Problem solved, I will be making this.