These layered brownie parfait ideas will guarantee that everyone is happy because they’re completely customizable!
If there’s any dessert I love creating, it’s one that is completely customizable.
Not only does it guarantee that everyone is happy, but they also ensure that no one is going hungry.
There’s nothing worse than making a carrot cake only to find out that a guest can’t have nuts, or a decadent caramel pie when someone is anti caramel!
Your guests will be out of luck if they’re anti brownies, but thankfully, that seems to be an infrequent dislike and a brownie parfait recipe is a hit 9 times out of 10!
When you have just about every topping and sauce as an option, you’re bound to have happy eaters.
I, Rebecca, included a few combinations you can make, but honestly, you can add anything you want to the mix!
Chop up your favorite candy bars, create a s’mores flavor with crushed graham crackers and mini marshmallows, or just add sprinkles…
Brownie Parfait Hack with Boxed Brownies
To make a quick parfait, we made our brownies from a box.
We’ll never judge anymore who wants to skip a few steps! We used a boxed brownie mix to also make our Valentine’s Day favorite, frosted heart shaped brownies.
But if time is not of the essence, then feel free to make your brownies from scratch!
You can make the regular homemade chocolate brownies or check out our gingerbread brownies, Nutella brownies or vegan brownies.
Different Flavors of Brownie Parfait Ideas
You can allow each guest to assemble their own toppings. But here are some different flavor ideas —
Turtle Cheesecake Parfait
Alternate layers of brownie squares, cream cheese, caramel sauce, and pecans. Top with whipped cream.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Parfait
Alternate layers of brownie squares, whipped cream, mini chocolate chips, and chopped strawberries with juice. Top with a whole berry.
Raspberry Cheesecake Parfait
Alternate layers of brownie squares, cream cheese, raspberries, and chocolate sauce. Top with whipped cream and extra berries.
Fudge Sundae Parfait
Alternate layers of brownie squares, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and peanuts.
How Far in Advance Can You Prep Your Toppings?
Most of the toppings and brownies can also be prepped ahead of time, kept in the fridge, and pulled out for serving.
Just be careful with the whipped cream since it will start to separate after sitting too long.
To get more refrigerator life, set the mixer to a low beat speed.
It’ll take longer, but will stay nice and fluffy for at least two days.
Also, keep in mind that fresh fruits such as strawberries might start tasting a little off if they sit for more than a day or two.
What to Serve Your Brownie Parfait In
Let’s talk about what you’re going to build the parfaits in.
These particular Ikea cups were a couple of dollars.
You could absolutely go for something more economical and opt for clear 10-oz plastic cups.
Just make sure that you can see the fabulous layers as you build them in the cup.
More Quick Dessert Recipes
In case you’re looking for more quick dessert recipe ideas here are few other favorites —
- Funfetti popcorn recipe
- Cold brew cereal milk iced coffee
- Frozen cookies and cream polka dot martinis
- Chocolate peanut butter stuffed cookies
Brownie Parfaits Recipe
- 1 package brownie mix
For the whipped cream:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
For the cheesecake filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese 1 block
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
For the strawberries:
- 1/2 lb strawberries diced finely
- 2 tsp white sugar
Optional for the toppings:
- hot fudge sauce
- caramel sauce
- salted roasted peanuts
- mini chocolate chips
- candy bar
- mini marshmallows
- dessert sauce
- Prepare the brownie batter according to the directions on the box.
- Remove them from the oven and let cool completely.
While the brownies are baking and cooling, prepare the toppings:
- Beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and ¼ cup whipping cream (unwhipped), then cover and refrigerate.
- In a different bowl (and with clean beaters!), beat the 1 cup whipping cream and powdered sugar together until it forms stiff peaks, and then refrigerate.
- Dice the strawberries finely, then sprinkle them with the 2 Tbsp. of sugar, stir, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. The sugar makes them really juicy.
- Chop any other toppings that need it and place them in serving bowls.
- Cut the brownies into square 1/2”-1”. (A pizza cutter works well for this!) Put them in a large serving bowl and set them out with the toppings, parfait cups, and spoons.
Allow each guest to assemble their own, but here are a few suggestions you could give them:
- Turtle Cheesecake Parfait: Alternate layers of brownie squares, cream cheese, caramel sauce, and pecans. Top with whipped cream.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Parfait: Alternate layers of brownie squares, whipped cream, mini chocolate chips, and chopped strawberries with juice. Top with a whole berry.
- Raspberry Cheesecake Parfait: Alternate layers of brownie squares, cream cheese, raspberries, and chocolate sauce. Top with whipped cream and extra berries.
- Fudge Sundae Parfait: Alternate layers of brownie squares, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and peanuts.
Don’t forget to share your brownie parfait creations with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves, we love seeing all of your creations! And if you’re looking for more quick and delicious recipes you can find them all right here with a few cocktails to go along with them!
9 thoughts on “Layered Brownie Parfait Ideas that You Can Customize”
Sometimes I used to cook some food on weekends after doing so much work on week days. So it’s feel good. And I must say I will definitely try this also.
At first I thought it wasn’t difficult to do, until I did the 2nd time I knew it wasn’t easy =)) thank you!
Yummy! I can’t wait to try it!
Yay! Definitely let us know or tag us on how it turned out!
Really love this. I love it very much
Yay! Thanks, Olivia! XOXO
I LOVE this!
Thanks, Haley! XOXO