Customizable Layered Brownie Parfait — Brownie parfaits will guarantee that everyone is happy because they’re completely customizable!
If there’s any dessert I love creating, it’s one that is completely customizable. Not only does it guarantee that everyone is happy, but they also ensure that no one is going hungry. There’s nothing worse than making a carrot cake only to find out that a guest can’t have nuts, or a decadent caramel pie when someone is anti caramel!
Your guests will be out of luck if they’re anti brownies, but thankfully, that seems to be an infrequent dislike and a brownie parfait recipe is a hit 9 times out of 10! When you have just about every topping and sauce as an option, you’re bound to have happy eaters.
I, Rebecca, included a few combinations you can make, but honestly, you can add anything you want to the mix! Chop up your favorite candy bars, create a s’mores flavor with crushed graham crackers and mini marshmallows, or just add sprinkles…
Let’s talk about what you’re going to build the parfaits in. These particular Ikea cups were a couple of dollars. You could absolutely go for something more economical and opt for clear 10-oz plastic cups. Just make sure that you can see the fabulous layers as you build them in the cup.
Most of the toppings and brownies can also be prepped ahead of time, kept in the fridge, and pulled out for serving. Just be careful with the whipped cream since it will start to separate after sitting too long. To get more refrigerator life, set the mixer to a low beat speed. It’ll take longer, but will stay nice and fluffy for at least two days. Also, keep in mind that fresh fruits such as strawberries might start tasting a little off if they sit for more than a day or two.
In case you’re looking for more quick dessert recipe ideas here are few other favorites —
- Funfetti popcorn recipe
- Cold brew cereal milk iced coffee
- Frozen cookies and cream polka dot martinis
- Chocolate peanut butter stuffed cookies
Don’t forget to share your parfait creations with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves, we love seeing all of your creations! And if you’re looking for more quick and delicious recipes you can find them all right here with a few cocktails to go along with them!
Brownie Parfaits Recipe
- 1 package brownie mix
For the Whipped Cream:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 0.25 cup powdered sugar
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese 1 block
- 0.5 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.25 cup whipping cream
For the Strawberries:
- 0.5 lb strawberries diced finely
- 2 tsp white sugar
For The Toppings:
- hot fudge sauce
- caramel sauce
- salted roasted peanuts
- mini chocolate chips
- any candy bars, nuts, mini marshmallows, sprinkles, or sauces you want!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the brownie batter according to the directions on the box.
- Spread brownie batter in a greased baking sheet with edges.
- Bake at 400 degrees until done in the center, about 18-20 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and let cool completely.
While the brownies are baking and cooling, prepare the toppings -
- Beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and ¼ cup whipping cream (unwhipped), then cover and refrigerate.
- In a different bowl (and with clean beaters!), beat the 1 cup whipping cream and powdered sugar together until it forms stiff peaks, and then refrigerate.
- Dice the strawberries finely, then sprinkle them with the 2 Tbsp. of sugar, stir, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. The sugar makes them really juicy.
- Chop any other toppings that need it and place them in serving bowls.
To serve -
- Cut the brownies into square ½”-1”-- a pizza cutter works well for this! Put them in a large serving bowl and set them out with the toppings, parfait cups (these ones came from IKEA, but you could even use clear plastic cups), and spoons.
Allow each guest to assemble their own, but here are a few suggestions you could give them -
- Turtle Cheesecake Parfait: Alternate layers of brownie squares, cream cheese, caramel sauce, and pecans. Top with whipped cream.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Parfait: Alternate layers of brownie squares, whipped cream, mini chocolate chips, and chopped strawberries with juice. Top with a whole berry.
- Raspberry Cheesecake Parfait: Alternate layers of brownie squares, cream cheese, raspberries, and chocolate sauce. Top with whipped cream and extra berries.
- Fudge Sundae Parfait: Alternate layers of brownie squares, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, and peanuts.