Transform your boring furniture into works of art. Surprise your friends by giving them these kinds of DIY chair paint designs.
So I have had this Ikea chair forever. It was one of those things you have in your house, but you still forget you even own it because it’s literally just there, you know?
We had a ton of leftover fabric paint from the DIY workshop so I figured what the heck, I’ll paint it! At least, if this DIY painted chair makeover extravaganza went really south, I wouldn’t miss the chair. Ha!
Another thing, when life gives you super expensive chair legs that you love, you just have to make super simple DIY Metallic Gold Legs for yourself too!
I like how it turned out though! What do you all think? Don’t get me wrong.
I know the pattern is a little crazy, but would you ever paint a pattern on one of your old chairs? The good thing about the particular is that it doesn’t get super scratchy if you apply it lightly.
Here’s how I made mine…
And here’s the beautiful before photo…
Materials and Tools Needed to Make a DIY Painted Chair
- Old fabric chair
- Foam brush
- Foam pouncer
- Fabric paint — I used DecorArt SoSoft fabric acrylic paint in Peaches and Cream and Antique Gold.
- Gold spray paint — Optional for spraying the legs with gold
How To Make A DIY Painted Chair
1 — First, I screw the peg legs off and spray paint them gold. let them dry and reattach them.
2 — Next, I removed the seat cushion, started painting the peach half circles on the cushion, and then painted the rest of the chair with the seat cushion removed.
This is so I could make it look like the pattern was all over (instead of weird breaks near the seam).
3 — Once the peach pattern was painted and dried, I returned with the foam pouncer and antique gold to randomly make dots throughout and let them dry.
That’s about all she wrote though! It was really simple and I had it finished in just a couple of hours.
If I did it all over again, I would do more of a messy brush stroke as I did on this pillow.
Other Home DIY Decors for You
- Easy and Simple Wall Painting Design Ideas for a New Look
- Our Revamped, Open Concept Living Room & Dining Room Design
- Amazon Home Decor – Our Favorite Amazon Furniture Finds
- Cane Decor Trend: The Rattan Furniture We’re Loving
How To Make A DIY Painted Chair Makeover
- Foam brush
- Foam pouncer
- First, I screw the peg legs off and spray paint them gold. let them dry and reattached them.
- Next, I removed the seat cushion and started painting the peach half circles on cushion and then painted the rest of the chair with the seat cushion removed.
- Once the peach pattern was painted and dried, I went back with the foam pouncer and antique gold to make dots randomly throughout and let dry.
Don’t forget to share your DIY Chair Paint Designs with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! Looking for more interior design inspiration? You can find all of our home decor tutorials and ideas right here!