Our New Master Bathroom Remodel — It’s been a long time coming, but I’m so excited to finally share the before and after photos of our new master bathroom!
I am SO so excited about finally sharing our master bathroom remodel.
In case, anyone else was wondering if it was ever going to happen in the year 2019, I feel you!
In case, you missed it, you can see all of the before photos of our new renovation house and video walkthrough here to get an idea of what we were really up against.
We had quite a few hurdles when it came to finishing the master bathroom. And I wrote about some of them in our master bathroom design plan and update post.
I also shared all of the “must-haves” when it came to deciding what we wanted to spend our money on changing from the previous design in that post, too.
Genesis CP was the construction team we used throughout the whole house to bring my designs to life.
The Floorplan & Flooring
One of the other things that HAD to go was the weird pocket door opening that the previous owner used to enter a second bedroom from the other side.
It really made no sense to have a second entrance from another bedroom into the master bathroom. Not to mention that the door barely worked anyway. One of the many quirky things about this house when we first bought it, haha!
Other than floorplan change, we essentially kept the footprint of the master bathroom the same and simply updated the style and features.
The real statement maker in this room is the custom Fireclay Tile flooring pattern. I really wanted to do a mixture of blues. And I love how the mixture of the crater lake, morning thaw, and Caribbean blue hexite tiles turned out.
Our Master Bathroom Remodel Before & After Photos
You can see the weird pocket door opening in this before and after comparison.
Once Genesis closed that off, we expanded the shower size and changed the outdated, no longer working jet bathtub.
We replaced it with a new floating tub from Signature Hardware and an accent shelf above the space to add to the focal point.
I love, love the way it looks with the hanging faux plant and downloadable artwork I snagged on Etsy.
All of our master bathroom remodel room sources are linked at the bottom of the post!
All of the fixtures we used in the space are from the Delta Champagne Bronze Collection.
And I have to say that the freestanding tub faucet is by far my favorite.
The Vanity Sink
We did a major overhaul on the double sink vanity area, even though we kept the same size and placement. It’s amazing what a difference new lighting, mirrors, and vanity can make!
The warm tones of the teak bathroom vanity help make the space feel cozy, don’t you think?!
The Master Bathroom Decor
It was a little tricky trying to choose a bathroom rug to go with our statement tile floors. And we tried so so many different options. If you follow along on our Instagram stories, then you know the struggle was real!
We finally decided on this simple Target runner. Which I think ties in the blue and warm tones really well.
Side note — I’m not sure if it’s socially acceptable to be in love with a faux plant stem. But this light green veining stem from Kalalou was the perfect addition for a wooden stump side table next to the tub.
I also really debated adding curtains to this room or not. But I’m so happy I did! It really softens the look.
And I’m a big fan of how it’s layered with the Blinds.com wooden blinds.
The Vanity Area: Master Bathroom Remodel DIY Idea
We definitely left the heavy lifting to the Genesis construction team.
But this floating vanity was a DIY Ikea hack that we came up with ourselves. I’ll be sharing the full tutorial for it early next week. And you’ll be super surprised at how easy it is to make!
I use it to house all of my makeup and hair related things.
And it’s the first time I’ve ever had a dedicated vanity storage space. So worth it!
Rather than doing a separate sconce above the vanity mirror, we opted for one that had the lighting built in from Signature Hardware. I’m SO glad we did.
The Shower Remodel
The porcelain marble slabs for the shower walls and behind the bathtub were surprisingly affordable.
All in all we spent $2100 (not including install) on that element. But it was worth it for the seamless look!
To mimic the marble slabs, we chose a marble cobble floor option from The Tile Shop for the shower floor.
And they all flow together really well.
If we hadn’t chosen to use the slabs, I think we would’ve gone with a minimal white tile to keep the focus on the floors.
All in all, I couldn’t be happier with the way this room turned out! What do you think? Be sure to let me know in the comments below!
Or if you’re not in the remodeling phase, you can also shop our favorite Amazon home decor furniture finds!
Master Bathroom Remodel Before & After Room Sources
- WE USED GENESIS CP AS OUR CONSTRUCTION TEAM HERE IN HOUSTON
- EDINBURGH ACRYLIC FREESTANDING TUB W/ JET SYSTEM FROM SIGNATURE HARDWARE
- 72″ OSA TEAK DOUBLE VANITY FOR RECTANGULAR UNDERMOUNT SINK – NATURAL TEAK WITH MARBLE TOP AND WHITE SINKS FROM SIGNATURE HARDWARE
- MIRABELLE TWO PIECE TOILET W/ SLOW CLOSE LID IN WHITE FROM SIGNATURE HARDWARE
- DELTA FAUCET In2ition SHOWER H20KINETIC DUAL HANDHELD SHOWERHEAD WITH HOSE IN CHAMPAGNE BRONZE
- SHOWER WALL TILES ARE LARGE PORCELAIN, MARBLE LOOK SLABS FROM VIVALDI SHOWROOMS IN HOUSTON, TX
- CHAMPAGNE BRONZE DELTA GRID SINK FAUCET STRAINER
- DELTA TRINSIC SINGLE HOLE SINK FAUCETS IN CHAMPAGNE BRONZE
- DELTA FAUCET TRINSIC FLOOR MOUNT TUB FILLER IN CHAMPAGNE BRONZE
- FIRECLAY TILE CUSTOM PATTERN MADE FROM HEXITE CLAY TILES IN COLORS CRATER LAKE, MORNING THAW, AND CARIBBEAN BLUE
- VELUX SUN TUNNEL SKYLIGHTS, WHICH YOU CAN FIND IN YOUR AREA RIGHT HERE
- TOP DOWN, BOTTOM UP WOODEN SHADES FROM BLINDS.COM
- MARBLE COBBLE TILE SHOWER FLOORS FROM THE TILE SHOP
- Boone Wall Sconces from Hudson Valley Lighting
- Round LED Vanity Mirror
- Rectangular Medicine Cabinet Mirrors
- Leg Print from Etsy
- Abstract Line Drawing Of A Woman Print from Etsy
- Gold shelf brackets for the DIY Wooden Shelf
- Persian Rug Runner from Target
- DIY Ikea Hack Vanity Tutorial
More DIY ideas below
- A Before and After Simple Bedroom Makeover for Zach & Caitlin
- Before & After Of DIY My Backyard With Home Depot
- Office Design Makeover – Our Home Office Giveaway Reveal
- Before & After: Our Lakeside Master Bedroom Design
- Before & After: Our Wet Bar Makeover