Rainbow Sour Cocktail Recipe — This Edible Rainbow Sour Cocktail recipe is almost too pretty to drink, but it’s the perfect spring time addition…
Spring has almost sprung, and I couldn’t be more excited!
All of the flowers in bloom. The berries and stone fruit are ripe. And getting to unearth those cute sandals that have been hiding under boots and Wellies. See you later winter!
One of my favorite things about spring though is the abundance of edible flowers at the grocery store and farmer’s markets.
The blooming trees and plants inspired me to revisit edible blooms for cocktails. (It just doesn’t seem right to use them in the middle of winter).
I wanted to take the blooms to the next level this time around. But how do you top peony ice cubes?
With spring in full force, my mind immediately went to rainbow. And thus, the Edible Flower Rainbow Sour was born.
There are countless rainbow cocktails out there, but often using artificial coloring.
I shy away from these ingredients so edible flowers are great natural way to add pops of color and pizzazz to drinks and food.
Not only is this a stunner of cocktail, but it it is one delicious sipper!
It features a rose grenadine (recipe below and it’s super easy to make) which adds subtle floral flavor that compliments the flowers on top paired with gin, lemon and egg white.
If you are hesitant of using egg whites in a drink, don’t fret. The alcohol “cooks” the whites and they add a creamy, frothy texture that helps hold the flowers.
More Edible Flower Recipes To Try
If you are looking for a drink to sip el fresco to soak up the sun once the warm weather arrives, this rainbow cocktail is just the thing! What are some of your favorite spring go-to cocktail recipes?
And if you’re loving the edible flowers, check out a few of our favorites recipes that use this beautiful ingredient from the archives below —
- Edible Flower Lemon Jello Shots
- Butterfly Pea Flower Tea Cocktail
- DIY Abstract Floral Cake
- Rosé Champagne & Floral Sprinkles Cocktail
How To Make A Rainbow Sour Cocktail Recipe
Edible Flower Rainbow Sour Cocktail Recipe
- Cocktail shaker
- 4 oz gin
- 1.5 oz lemon juice
- 1.5 oz Rose's Grenadine See recipe below or you can purchase it pre-made.
- 2 egg whites
- 4 dash Angostura bitters
- Organic edible flowers and petals in varying colors for garnish Sold in produce section of specialty grocery stores
- Add all ingredients, aside from the flowers, into a shaker without ice (dry shake). Shake for 30 seconds.
- Add ice and shake hard for 15 seconds.
- Strain into a coupe. Arrange edible flowers on top of the egg white foam.
- *Leave room in one area to sip from, you don’t want to be overwhelmed with the petals.
How To Make A Homemade Grenadine
Rose's Grenadine Syrup Recipe
- Microwavable bowl
- 1 cup organic and/or fresh pomegranate juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 0.25 oz lemon juice
- 5 dash orange blossom or rose water optional for rose flavoring
- Add pomegranate and sugar to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir.
- If sugar has not fully dissolved, microwave for 15 second increments until fully incorporated. Do not boil or you will lose the fresh flavor of the pomegranate.
- Add in the lemon juice and orange water and stir. Let cool to room temperature before using. Can be stored 3-4 weeks in the fridge.