Sharing our Friendsgiving gathering, featuring an easy DIY Balloon Table Centerpiece and crowd-pleasing sparkling Blackberry Blitz Cocktail recipe.
In fact, we’re now fully equipped with all of the above from our Friendsgiving party.
The only thing missing are stretchy pants and a locked-and-loaded Netflix queue… so you can thank us later.
We’re sure that you’ve all seen a good balloon garland about 1,000 different times now.
This DIY Balloon Cake Topper will also look great at your Friendsgiving party!
So all we did here was put our own spin on it to make it perfectly fit for your next upcoming Friendsgiving feast.
It’s super simple to make, which is why this DIY is one of our favorite Thanksgiving table decoration ideas.
And so is this Blackberry Blitz cocktail that we whipped up to go along with it…
Materials and Tools Needed to Make a DIY Balloon Table Centerpiece
Flowers — Optional
Mini pumpkins — Optional, but what’s Thanksgiving without pumpkins?
Confetti runner — Optional, but we loved the extra touch!
How to Make a DIY Balloon Table Centerpiece
The basis of a horizontal balloon garland is super simple.
Step 1 — Cut a piece of balloon string the length of your desired garland.
Step 2 — Then, blow up balloons and tie them onto the string, pushing them super close together so that they cluster.
Tips for Creating Your Own
— Stagger the larger and smaller balloons for an even cluster. But make sure you can still see over the top for easy dinner conversations!
— Spread out the colors for an even visual flow.
— Pull in colors to complement the rest of your tablescape, drawing inspiration from your place setting or even your drink!
Decorating Your Balloon Centerpiece
To tie in the Thanksgiving theme, we chose fall-inspired colors (but in more pastel muted hues to fit our design style).
We also mixed in fresh dusty miller and berry stems to give it a more organic look.
Then, we placed mini white and orange pumpkins around the edges and one on each place setting.
And to incorporate the colors of the balloons, we used foiled gold leaf napkins, blush pink plates, simple coupes, and gold flatware to accompany each setting and also allow the bright color of the Blackberry Blitz Cocktail to really pop.
We also added gold taper candle holders on each end of the table for added ambiance.
Ingredients Needed to Make a Blackberry Blitz Cocktail
For cocktails (let’s face it, the star of most holiday gatherings!), we thought the IZZE Sparkling Blackberry and rosemary sprig combination was perfectly fitting for the season.
Plus, we’re always down for a good bourbon cocktail!
You’ll need the following ingredients:
Freshly lime juice
IZZE Sparkling Blackberry juice
How to Make a Blackberry Blitz Cocktail
Step 1 — In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour in the bourbon, lime juice, and bitters. Shake until chilled.
Step 2 — Pour into a Collins glass with ice for an extra chilled drink, or simply pour into a coupe glass without ice.
Step 3 — Top with the IZZE Sparkling Blackberry juice.
Step 4 — Smack a sprig of rosemary between your palms to release its aromatics, and add as garnish.
More Thanksgiving DIYs and Recipes
Now for the serious question: do you all actually host a Friendsgiving?! We’ll be honest.
We’ll never do it before until now because holidays usually entail last-minute deadlines and traveling home.
- Air Fryer Turkey
- 23 Easy DIY Turkey Decor Ideas
- DIY Pumpkin Place Card Holder
- Thanksgiving Pumpkin Punch
More DIY Balloon Decorations
If you find this balloon centerpiece DIY helpful, you might check out our favorite DIY Balloon Decorations.
- DIY Balloon Cake Topper Plus Painting Frosting Tips
- How to Make An Easy Christmas DIY Balloon Garland Tree
- Balloon Dipped DIY Citronella Candle
- Easy Balloon Decoration Ideas – Faux DIY Balloon Letter Garland
As always, super thankful to our friends at IZZE for sponsoring our entertaining ideas!
DIY Balloon Table Centerpiece
- Balloon tape
- Balloon string
- Cut a piece of balloon string the length of your desired garland.
- Blow up the balloons in a variety of sizes.
- Tie the balloons onto the string pushing them to super close together so that they form a cluster. Stagger the larger and smaller balloons for an even cluster.
- Optional: Secure the balloons down with tape. Decorate with flowers, mini pumpkins and a table runner.
Blackberry Blitz Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz bourbon
- 1/2 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 dash bitters
- 2 oz IZZE Sparkling Blackberry juice
- 1 rosemary sprig for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, pour in the bourbon, lime juice and bitters. Shake until chilled.
- Pour into a Collins glass with ice for an extra chilled drink or simply pour into a coupe glass without ice.
- Top with the IZZE Sparkling Blackberry juice.
- Smack a sprig of rosemary between your palms to release its aromatics, and add as garnish.
Don’t forget to share your balloon centerpiece and your blitz cocktail with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! Looking for more Balloon Decorations? You can find all of our DIY decor tutorials and ideas right here!