This easy-to-follow tutorial will show you how to make a beautiful eye-catching DIY Floating Flower Table Display for your next party or special event!
There are very few things I love more than flowers. And one of them just so happens to be repurposing old DIYs. Ah, the sweet smell of recycling your own labor!
I made a DIY Floating Flower Table Display out of the exact same tutorial for these DIY Macaron Displays from last year. But this time, you’ll need a little extra suction because of the weight of the flowers.
I only had to make one very small improvement for it to work. So I’d say that’s a win!
I actually made these for Jared’s sister’s flower bridal shower. And they were a hit.
You can make a ton of them for pretty cheap in all five minutes, PLUS, reuse them for macarons.
Basically, you have no reason not to DIY these babies and sprinkle them everywhere like confetti. Okay, so that’s a bit much, but you get my drift…
Also, try these simple DIY jumbo confetti poppers for New Year’s Eve and beyond.
How To Make DIY Floating Flower Table Display
Step 1 — Drill a hole into each of the blocks.
Step 2 — Once the holes are drilled, cut the brass rods with bolt cutters. You can cut varying heights to add interest to the final setup.
Step 3 — Add a small pinch of sticky putty to the bottom of the blocks where you drilled a hole.
Then, flatten out the putty by pushing the blocks down onto the surface. The putty will hold the brass rods and flower in place.
Tips in Making Flower Display Table
Decide what type of table you would like to create:
There are many different options available, so take some time to browse through pictures online or in magazines to get an idea of what you like.
Once you have a general idea, start collecting supplies. You will need a sturdy table, some sort of base or stand, and a variety of different-sized vases or containers.
Choose a color scheme for your flowers, and then start gathering the blooms you need.
Create a mock-up of your table by arranging the vases and containers on the surface:
This will help you determine how much space you have to work with and what type of arrangement will look best.
Once you have a general idea of the layout, start filling the vases with water and adding your flowers.
More DIY Party Ideas
I told you they were easy peasy! I also love the idea of doing one long piece of acrylic to stick down into a statement centerpiece.
For a more DIY project like this one, you may consider the following related posts below –
- DIY Christmas Centerpiece Idea – Faux Flower Bottle Brush Tree
- DIY Floral Pineapple Centerpiece
- Halloween Decor: DIY Floral Halloween Centerpiece
- DIY Hanging Flower Installation
DIY Floating Flower Table Display
- Wire cutter
- Drill with 1/16″ drill bit
- Bolt cutters
- Drill a hole into each of the blocks.
- Once the holes are drilled, cut the brass rods with bolt cutters. You can cut varying heights to add interest to the final setup.
- Add a small pinch of sticky putty to the bottom of the blocks where you drilled a hole. Then, flatten out the putty by pushing the blocks down onto the surface. The putty will hold the brass rods and flower in place.
- Stick each brass rod into each acrylic blocks.
- Snip a flower bloom and slide the stem down over the end of the rod.