Easy Chocolate Croissants — The cheater’s way to make a gorgeous two ingredient chocolate croissant recipe…
I’d love to think of myself as the next Pioneer Women. But that would be a bold face lie. It’s not that I’m above lying to myself, I do that all of the time!
Whenever I justify a run to Starbucks, an extra macaron or 5, late night ice cream, it’s all just a lie I love to hear that I’m too busy to cook or bake.
But pretending to work insane hours in a week AND cooking from scratch isn’t a fib anymore because what started as a lie to myself has become a reality.
Hence, my new found love with the phrase “only ______ ingredients”, and then promptly inserting a number between 1 and 6. It’s rewarding, I tell ya!
Anyways, all of this to say I’m going to make sure I spread my cheat sheet recipes with all of you fellow busy-bodies from here on out.
And I’ll start off with this super easy two ingredient chocolate croissant recipe…
Ingredients Needed To Make 2 Ingredient Chocolate Croissants
- Box of Pepperidge Farm pastry dough — Dufour is another great option.
- Smisweet chocolate chips or chopped semisweet chocolate
How To Make 2 Ingredient Chocolate Croissants
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Unroll the dough and instead of separating it into 8 triangles like a traditional store-bought croissant, knead the dough into one large piece. Then, divide the dough into four same-sized rectangles.
This is the secret to cheating with a two ingredient croissant while still making them look legit, instead of like regular store bought, pre-cut croissants.
On the bottom third of each rectangle, place about 12 chocolate chips (give or take depending on how chocolatey you want them to be)!
Place the croissants on a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake until golden brown for about 12 to 14 minutes (or according to the croissant packaging if yours varies).
Serve warm or at room temperature, or quickly heat them up the next day for an extra gooey, chocolate croissant.
More Easy Breakfast Ideas
And there you have it folks! A quick homemade breakfast or chocolatey treat to splurge on. I’m thinking of making a ham and cheese one for less of a sugar rush, too.
Do you all have any awesome breakfast croissant traditions or twists to try? Let’s hear it! For more easy breakfast ideas, check out a few of our favorite recipes from the archives —
- Savory Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
- Sriracha Bacon & Egg Cups
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread With Whipped Mocha Mascarpone
- Poppy Seed Muffins
- Baked Apple With Spiced Granola & Yogurt
- Insta-Worthy Toast Combos
- Gingerbread Muffins With Lemon Glaze
- Spiced Cinnamon Apple Waffles With Bourbon Syrup
- Boozy Cereal Milk Egg Cream
- Baked Chocolate Cake Donuts
- Cold Brew Cereal Milk Iced Coffee
2 Ingredient Chocolate Croissants
2 Ingredient Chocolate Croissants Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 1 box pastry dough Pepperidge Farm and Dufour are great options.
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips or chopped semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Unroll the dough and instead of separating it into 8 triangles like a traditional storebought croissant, knead the dough into one large piece, and divide it into four same-sized rectangles. This is the secret to cheating with a two ingredient croissant while still making them look legit, instead of like regular store bought, pre-cut croissants.
- On the bottom third of each rectangle, place about 12 chocolate chips (give or take depending on how chocolatey you want them to be).
- Place the croissants on a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake until golden brown, about 12 to 14 minutes (or according to the croissant packaging if yours varies).
Don’t forget to share your chocolate croissants with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! And if you’re looking for more quick and delicious recipes you can find them all right here with a few cocktails to go along with them!