This chocolate croissant recipe is so easy you’ll be surprised! With just two ingredients, you can make these delicious pastries at home.
Indulge in the ultimate shortcut to decadence with this incredibly easy 2-ingredient chocolate croissant recipe hack, featuring flaky premade pastry dough enveloping rich, melty chocolate for a delightful treat in no time.
We’d love to think of ourselves as the next Pioneer Women. But that would be a bald-faced lie. It’s not that we’re above lying to ourselves… we do that all of the time!
Whenever we justify a run to Starbucks, an extra macaron or 5, or late-night ice cream, it’s all just a lie. We love to hear that we’re too busy to cook or bake. But pretending to work insane hours a week AND cooking from scratch isn’t a fib anymore because what started as a lie to ourselves has become a reality.
Hence, our newfound love with the phrase “only ______ ingredients” and then promptly inserting a number between 1 and 6. It’s rewarding, I tell ya! Anyways, all of this to say, we’re going to make sure that we spread our cheat sheet recipes with all of you fellow busy-bodies from here on out.
And we’ll start off with this super easy two-ingredient chocolate croissant recipe that’s perfect for snacking or even for Paris theme party.
Ingredients Needed to Make 2 Ingredient Chocolate Croissants
Box of pastry dough — Dufour or Pepperidge Farm are great options.
Semisweet chocolate chips or chopped semisweet chocolate
How to Make 2 Ingredient Chocolate Croissants
Step 1 – Preheat oven to 375° F.
Step 2 – Unroll the dough, and instead of separating it into eight triangles like a traditional store-bought croissant, knead the dough into one large piece.
Then, divide the dough into four same-sized rectangles.
This is the secret to cheating with a two-ingredient croissant while still making them look legit instead of like regular store-bought, pre-cut croissants.
Step 3 – On the bottom third of each rectangle, place about 12 chocolate chips (give or take, depending on how chocolatey you want them to be)!
Step 4 – Place the croissants on a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake until golden brown for about 12 to 14 minutes (or according to the croissant packaging if yours varies).
Serve warm or at room temperature, or quickly heat them up the next day for an extra gooey chocolate croissant.
And there you have it, folks! A quick homemade breakfast or chocolatey treat to splurge on.
Alternatively, here are a few sweet breakfast recipes that we recommend.
I’m thinking of making a ham and cheese one for less of a sugar rush, too.
But if you prefer a croissant with sweet and fruity flavors, you might want to try these balsamic strawberries and cream croissants too.
More Easy Breakfast Ideas
Do you all have any awesome breakfast croissant traditions or twists to try? Let’s hear it! For more easy breakfast ideas, check out a few of our favorite recipes from the archives —
- Savory Oatmeal Breakfast Bowl
- Sriracha Bacon & Egg Cups
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread With Whipped Mocha Mascarpone
- Poppy Seed Muffins
- Baked Apple With Spiced Granola & Yogurt
- Insta-Worthy Toast Combos
- Gingerbread Muffins With Lemon Glaze
- Spiced Cinnamon Apple Waffles With Bourbon Syrup
- Boozy Cereal Milk Egg Cream
- Baked Chocolate Cake Donuts
- Cold Brew Cereal Milk Iced Coffee
2 Ingredient Chocolate Croissants Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to the temperature specified on the package of the premade pastry dough (usually around 375°F or 190°C).
- Unroll the thawed pastry dough. Instead of separating it into 8 triangles like a traditional store bought croissant, knead the dough into one large piece, and divide it into 4 same-sized rectangles.
- Place a small handful of chocolate chips or chunks at the bottom third of each rectangle. We placed about 12 chocolate chips (give or take depending on how chocolatey you want them to be).
- Starting from the chocolate end, roll and fold the dough into rectangles. Place the rolled croissants on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, leaving some space between each one.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake according to the instructions on the pastry dough package, about 12-14 minutes typically or until the croissants are golden brown and puffed up.
Don’t forget to share your chocolate croissants with us on Instagram using the hashtag #sugarandclothloves. We always love seeing all of your creations! And if you’re looking for more quick and delicious recipes you can find them all right here with a few cocktails to go along with them!